Windows 10: spell shows as disable how do you turn it on

Discus and support spell shows as disable how do you turn it on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to change spell check from disable to on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peterchlonta, Aug 2, 2018.

1. spell shows as disable how do you turn it on

how to change spell check from disable to on

:)

peterchlonta, Aug 2, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

3. Spell check has suddenly stopped working

Hi ramjet_1963,

We have found many instances where the spell check has worked when it is disabled and re-enabled from PC settings.

Please follow these steps to disable and then re-enable the default Spell Check feature:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Click on Devices and then select Typing.
    • Under Spelling, turn off the options: Autocorrect misspelled words and
      Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart the computer and then navigate to the same settings and then re-enable both options again. See if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

spell shows as disable how do you turn it on

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

spell shows as disable how do you turn it on

1. spell shows as disable how do you turn it on - Similar Threads - spell shows disable

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  4. In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?: In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check? This is especially annoying because it's working in one file and not in another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-wordpad-how-do-i-turn-on-spell-check/7547a73b-e90d-4528-8b8d-5289813db39c
  5. In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?: In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check? This is especially annoying because it's working in one file and not in another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-wordpad-how-do-i-turn-on-spell-check/7547a73b-e90d-4528-8b8d-5289813db39c
  6. CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?: Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using a lot of cpu on startup. The worst time to be hogging cpu is on startup. Whichever coding team at Microsoft decided to put this burden on users should get a sit down chat ;. The function of the program is for Microsoft to collect...
  7. How do you disable "Windows Firewall is turned off" notifications in 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable "Windows Firewall is turned off" notifications in 20H2?: I'm on Windows 10 20H2 and need the firewall off because I install lots of apps that modify the system and host servers and stuff and the firewall is always blocking it. Don't tell me to make exceptions, I don't know stuff such as the ports. I just need these notifications...
  8. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  9. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  10. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...