Windows 10: spellchecker

Discus and support spellchecker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tinmar49 Win User

spellchecker

I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly.
    Not a very good result for spellchecking.*sarc

:)

tinmar49, Feb 23, 2017

2. Spell check windows 10

I have never been able to find spellcheck on this computer Spellcheck was always automatic on all my others. PLEASE HELP I need my spellcheck

CarolHargrave, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    Spellchecker doesnt work

Original Title: Spellchecker

I have had spellchecker on my quick access toolbar for some time and it has worked well. Recently I have been writing in Welsh and English changing the language setting as appropriate. I know there is no Welsh spellchecker but when I go back to English
    the spellcheck appears not to work giving the 'complete' message when clearly there are errors in the text. Help please!

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Feb 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

spellchecker

Uraguay get's underlined for me too. The correction suggested (right-click on it) is Uruguay which is, apparently, the correct spelling.
    Uruguay - Wikipedia

5. tinmar49 Win User
    Dead right, between opening up another edge for google, I had completely missed the change in spelling. They don't call me Old for nothing. Apologies to the spellchecker people.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

spellchecker

1. spellchecker - Similar Threads - spellchecker

2. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  3. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  4. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  5. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  6. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  7. Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.

Does windows 11 spellchecker only apply to windows apps like Word.: One of the Windows 11 options for typing is for text suggestions whenever using a keyboard but that does not seem to work nor any other spell checking. Under typing all 4 of these options are ON: 1 Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard; 2 Multilingual...
  8. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  9. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  10. Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word

Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word: Hi there,In whatever desktop app I use, Chrome, Firefox, Discord, that uses the system's spellchecker, I never get the right suggestions.I've uninstalled and reinstalled my english languages packs, i've turned off and turned on spellcheckingIt was not always like this, it...