Windows 10: Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree

Discus and support Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every few weeks I experience the situation of the never-ending spinning circle of white dots on the blue screen background. Although I have often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CAPANSON, Aug 13, 2018.

1. CAPANSON Win User

Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree

Every few weeks I experience the situation of the never-ending spinning circle of white dots on the blue screen background. Although I have often waited 10+ minutes, usually I force a power-down (windows is non responsive to the keyboard) and then the PC reboots and things seem fine. I recall reading someplace that this may be related to a pending software update. And sure enough, I typically find that Windows 10 (1803) wants to apply some updates - not necessarily Windows updates. I apply these manually, then I run a "Check for Updates' and find a WINDOWS update available.

To me, this seems like something is wrong with the Windows Update app. Is there any documented issues that are being reviewed, or any way to circumvent the issue? I am considering a setting change that turns off the Advanced Option to have Windows update non-Windows software to see if this helps.

:)

CAPANSON, Aug 13, 2018
  2. judahreed Win User

Spinning blue circle questions

Hi, I know what the spinning blue circle means, but when the Blue spinning circle + Pointer turns into a singular spinning circle does that mean its processing something bigger than average?

judahreed, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Sandra525 Win User
    blue screen with spinning circle following reinstall of Win 10

Following a reset of my Toshiba Satellite laptop due to account login errors and then successful upgrade to Win 10 (laptop came with Win 8), I am now stuck with the blue screen/spinning circle. When I turn the laptop on, the sequence of screens I get are:
    the Toshiba screen, black screen with spinning circle, lock screen. I can move the mouse, but if I click it to advance to log in, I get the blue screen with spinning circle. Turn the laptop off/on and I repeat the sequence getting stuck at the blue screen
    again.

Suggestions?

thanks

Sandra525, Aug 13, 2018
  4. MaxP11 Win User

Spinning blue circle of death

• Upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period on 4 yr old HP Envy Laptop.
    • Experienced no issues for several months
    • Now, almost every time I try to open, cut and paste a file or create a new folder...spinning blue circle of death and the application freezes.
    • I can still perform other tasks.
    • Never had patience to wait it out. But one time, I was called away and when I returned, the file was ready to rename, copy etc...
    What will stop this and how do I speed up the computer? I was only at 13% CPU usage with 2 programs running, and 6 websites open on two different browsers. That said, the blue spinning circle of death happens even when there are no other programs open.

I've also notice that this machine seems to never be able to connect to HP support for updates. Even when I try it manually walking through the steps, it seems like it gets tied up in the downloading portion.

Background info= HP Envy Laptop; Intel i7; 8 GB RAM; 1 TB storage (but only 1/3 full); wirelessly connected to a cable modem. Movies download fast so I don't believe the connection is an issue.

MaxP11, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree - Similar Threads - Spinning Blue Circle

2. Spinning blue circle keeps showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning blue circle keeps showing: spinning blue circle keeps showing for every minute without doing anything how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-circle-keeps-showing/99883382-1b72-4aaf-905c-1e46dfd8c96d
  3. Spinning blue circle keeps showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning blue circle keeps showing: spinning blue circle keeps showing for every minute without doing anything how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-circle-keeps-showing/99883382-1b72-4aaf-905c-1e46dfd8c96d
  4. Mouse blue circle stuck spinning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse blue circle stuck spinning: Hello Everyone, suddenly my hp laptop mouse circle continuously spinning and I am unable to click on desktop icons. I restarted several times. Disabled mouse renabled but still circle is spinning and I'm unable to click desktop icons. However I am able to click desktop icons...
  5. Spinning Blue Circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning Blue Circle: When I click on an app or file, a blue circle starts spinning next to the pointer. Whatever this spinning is doing slows down opening the app or file for seconds and sometimes half a minute or more. Sometimes it turns the screen pale as if it is making a screen print. I asked...
  6. Spinning Blue Circle

Spinning Blue Circle: I have Windows 10 on my relatively new laptop (8 months or so). This dreaded blue spinning circle wasn't always here, it only arrived about 2 months ago but plans to stay I think unless I can figure out how to get rid of it. I've read posts online from others frustrated with...
  7. Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor

Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor: I have two problems in windows 10 which are likely connected. Today I tried to access my firewall settings to allow a website to be bypassed. When I clicked on "Firewall and network protection" nothing opened up. However, I now have a flashing blue circle on my mouse cursor....
  8. Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor: I have two problems in windows 10 which are likely connected. Today I tried to access my firewall settings to allow a website to be bypassed. When I clicked on "Firewall and network protection" nothing opened up. However, I now have a flashing blue circle on my mouse cursor....
  9. Infamous blue spinning circles

Infamous blue spinning circles: I recently booted up my custom gaming computer to find that my Internet wasn't working. So, I figured out that the problem was that the dependency service failed to start. I followed instructions that said to open an elevated cmd and input the following. net localgroup...
  10. Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive app/spinning blue circle.: Would really appreciate any more help with this, it's driving me crazy! *Banghead The spinning wheel is very frequent within Google Chrome and I wonder if Chrome may be the problem. The wheel is spinning briefly on every new tab/web page I load and then a fraction longer even...