Windows 10: Spontaneous 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Discus and support Spontaneous 0x80070035 The network path was not found in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I have two computers, both run Windows 10, One runs Pro and the other Home (odd considering both were free upgraded from 7 Pro, but that is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leftie, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Leftie Win User

Spontaneous 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Hello!

I have two computers, both run Windows 10, One runs Pro and the other Home (odd considering both were free upgraded from 7 Pro, but that is a currently unanswered for 2 month question for Microsoft to resolve...). Onto business, my main PC (Triton hereon out) spontaneously throws the 0x80070035 (network path not found) error. The other PC (Prometheus) is always on, its always connected. To add insult to injury, there is nearly always an open VNC connection (Prometheus runs headless, no monitor, hence VNC), so I know the computer is connected at all times and it is at least visible in one way as the VNC connection never drops. This problem has been going on since I got the free 10 upgrade. Both previously used Windows 7 Pro and had no connection problems with each other.

So here is what I have tried so far.
    - Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
    - Restart both PCs
    - Exit homegroups and make a new one
    - Uninstall VirtualBox incase it was trying to use its (VirtualBox) imaginary network on both machines (both are now running it again though after it didn't work)
    - Disabling / exiting VNC Viewer/Server on both servers before connecting

The only odd thing I have noticed is my router/modem in one has six IPv6 addresses for Prometheus, whilst Triton only has two. Both have one IPv4 assigned, see this image for info. If it matters, I connect to Prometheus via VNC by name 'Prometheus' instead of its local IP. Incase Windows does it a different way?
    remember this is spontaneous, sometimes (i'd say about 30% of the time) it connects and I can view and copy/edit Prometheous' files no questions asked, the other times it will throw this error but after a few tries it will let me in.

:)

Leftie, Sep 29, 2015

2. The network path was not found. (0x80070035)

Hi Elise,

We recommend posting your query regarding the network path at
    Social

TechNet

Forums
    for further troubleshooting assistance.

Do let us know if you need any other help in the future.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 29, 2015
  3. 0x80070035 The network path was not found

You are back to your original problem, which is progress I think. Try this one now...

Windows 8.1 keeps popping up ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS - Windows 8

Windows 8.1 keeps popping up ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS

But, in Win 10, it's "Control Panel, Network & Sharing Center, Change advanced sharing settings"...

Spontaneous 0x80070035 The network path was not found [​IMG]

Look it all over on both computers, but especially open the "Private" section. It has the specific item mentioned in that thread.

If that doesn't work, try a BING of "'Enter Network Credentials'. None of my usernames/passwords worked". Many will show up.

Good luck, & keep us informed.

PCR Just PCR, Sep 29, 2015
  4. linw Win User

As a starter, do a forum search with 80070035. See if any of the hits are relevant.

linw, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Leftie Win User
    As someone who has been using forums for 10 years. I am aware of the search function and have tried this.

Leftie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Spontaneous 0x80070035 The network path was not found - Similar Threads - Spontaneous 0x80070035 network

2. The network path was not found - 0x80070035

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The network path was not found - 0x80070035: I have set up a NAS with a Raspberry Pi 4. The NAS works perfectly fine on 5 computers, except one. This computer cannot connect to my network storage device. When I attempt to connect, it shows "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found." Here's what I already...
  3. Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found: I had an old PC on the network and copied the data over. The machine is turned off and some programs still search for it. The machine does not show up as a mapped drive in file explorer. How do I remove that network location. Everything I have searched for assumes I want to...
  4. Error: 0x80070035 The network path was not found, when trying to access PC on network

Error: 0x80070035 The network path was not found, when trying to access PC on network: I keep getting this when i try to connect to another computer with a LAN cable, please i need help [IMG] ***Original title: Network errors***...
  5. Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found

in Windows 10 News
    Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows allows users to share files between systems which are on the same network, even if they aren’t physically connected. The folder administrator needs to allow access to the intended user and the Internet should be connected. However, users have [...]...
  6. Windows 10 : Error 0X80070035 (Network Path Not Found)

Windows 10 : Error 0X80070035 (Network Path Not Found): There are a number of questions relating to this error and I have tried the solutions offered. However, none seem to be quite the same as this. On my Windows 10 laptop, I can see my main pc (X99) showing in the network list. [ATTACH] However when I click on it to...
  7. Windows 10 : Error 0X80070035 NETWORK PATH NOT FOUND

Windows 10 : Error 0X80070035 NETWORK PATH NOT FOUND: This error is on a Windows 10 laptop, not the Win 7 desktop. Searching for answers to this issue I found solutions that are relative to a situation that seem to be where all network devices are affected. This situation is different in that only one network device/computer...
  8. Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found

Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found: Hello, We have a small peer to peer LAN (5 systems) in our office, and all systems are Windows 10. If we try to open shared resources that are on System 1, while working on System 2, we often get Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found. But we just noticed something odd...
  9. Network errors 2 of 3 computers "error 0x80070035 the network path was not found"

Network errors 2 of 3 computers "error 0x80070035 the network path was not found": Hello, I have 3 computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, all running Windows 10. Desktop 1 can see and access files on desktop 2, it cannot see the laptop. The laptop can see and access files on desktop 2, it can see desktop 1, but cannot connect to it. Desktop 2 can see both...
  10. The network path was not found, Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found, Error code: 0x80070035: On my home network one Windows 10 computer is unable to access files on one other computer. I get "Windows cannot access \\Computername and under details it indicates "The network path was not found", error code 0x80070035....
Tags: