Windows 10: Spontaneously shutting down

Discus and support Spontaneously shutting down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What are some things that might cause a Toshiba laptop to just out of nowhere, shut off? Running Windows 10. Happens often, usually while browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SBYH, Jul 18, 2016.

1. SBYH Win User

Spontaneously shutting down

What are some things that might cause a Toshiba laptop to just out of nowhere, shut off? Running Windows 10. Happens often, usually while browsing online using Chrome. No warning or shutdown procedure - it's like I pressed and held the power button. Anything I might be able to fix?

:)

2. my laptop keeps crashing !

My laptop keeps getting this error message: "IRQL not less or equal" when it spontaneously shuts down. What can I do?

Mary JoMcHaney, Jul 18, 2016
  3. machine shuts down. Error message. Is there a fix?

I installed windows ten when it was made available and all is well except this irritating, spontaneous error message telling me it has to shut down.

What???

AMPLICEEADS, Jul 18, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Usually that means that you need to clean the cooling system when the processor gets to hot the computer shuts itself down to protect itself, I would suggest taking it to a reputable computer tec I know two people that could not put their computer back together after taking it apart.

sml156, Jul 18, 2016
  5. SBYH Win User
    I'm pretty handy though not a tech. Is it just a matter of taking the back off and vacuuming the fan or something?

6. Ztruker Win User
    Try using a can of compressed air and blowing in the vents of the laptop first.

If you need to take it apart to clean it that's a whole different mess. Sometimes easy, sometimes not. You can often find a video of how to take apart a specific laptop via a Google search.

The Event Viewer may have some useful info on what is causing the problem. Overheating is not the only possible cause of a shutdown, though it is the most likely.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2016
  7. SBYH Win User
    Does browsing tend to heat computers more than other activities? Especially multiple windows?

8. Ztruker Win User

Not necessarily. CPU and GPU activity are what heat up the computer.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Spontaneously shutting down - Similar Threads - Spontaneously shutting down

2. not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not shutting down: Hey everyone,I am having an issue with my laptop everytime i put my laptop in sleep or shut down it .all the pc turn off screen, keyboard everything except the power button keeps on andi think laptop keeps on and everytime the laptop got out of battery because all got consume...
  3. Shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shut down: Recently, my laptop's screen showed glitches, not knowing it was due to driver updates, i resetted the pc as i have been planning to do since it was running slowly, it went ok, but whislt reinstalling windows, it was stuck at 0% and i didn't want to leave it on for the whole...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows randomly and spontaneously shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows randomly and spontaneously shuts down: This has happened 2-3 times on my desktop. Today it happened on my laptop. The computer just rapidly shuts down. However, when I turn it back on it comes up with the apps as it was when it shut down. The sleep indicator is not active, therefore it appears to have hibernated....
  8. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  9. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is causing my computer to spontaneously shut down while im online?