Windows 10: spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803

Discus and support spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, recently Surface 3 auto upgraded windows 10 home to Version 1803. Print spooler and printing problems, I tried so many available methods on the net... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RajasekharCA, Jul 21, 2018.

1. spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803

Hi, recently Surface 3 auto upgraded windows 10 home to Version 1803. Print spooler and printing problems, I tried so many available methods on the net to solve the issue but invain. I found spoolss.dll is 0 kb under system32 folder, I tried somany ways to reinstall the dll file downloaded from other sites.

Please help, is it spoolss.dll problem or else ?

:)

RajasekharCA, Jul 21, 2018

2. Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Jul 21, 2018
  3. sentryZX Win User
    Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs

Hi

I bought a laptop with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10. It's a 64-bit system with an AMD processor. I'm trying to use py2exe to turn a Python script into a standalone executeable but I have missing DLLs. The list of DLLs is:

- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-atoms-l1-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-sidebyside-l1-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-localization-obsolete-l1-3-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-delayload-l1-1-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-shlwapi-obsolete-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-security-base-l1-2-0.dll

I do not know where to find these DLLs. I have installed the following in an attempt to resolve this but it has not worked:

- Visual C++ Redistributables (x86 and x64 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015)

- Visual Studio 2010 Express

- Visual Studio 2010 Express Prerequisites x64

- Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1)

Also Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack is listed in my Programs and Features list but I am unable to install ANY version of .NET Framework after 4. For example, when I try to install NEW Framework v4.6 the installer blocks and says I already
    have a newer version of .NET Framework installed. But when I tried to install Windows SDK for Windows 7 the installer told me I had a pre-release version of .NET Framework 4 (which I don't remember installing).

Where can I obtain the missing DLLs from?

sentryZX, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Phaewryn Win User

spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803

Error: ucrtbase.terminate not located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Open elevated cmd.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Close cmd. Shut down. Restart.
    Here's the page that lists the commands: Regsvr32 - Register a DLL - Windows CMD - SS64.com

That being said, I also did a registry cleaning, and it also had a pending update that went through that was apparently awaiting a full shut down. It might very well have just been that.

Microsoft can nudge all they want, I'm keeping this older model laptop on 7, it's not powerful enough for the bloat of 10. I was very near to running a sfc scan (I was going to make that my last thing to set it to do before retiring to bed for the night) and then putting the windows disc in and repairing the install like you suggested tomorrow if the sfc repair didn't work.

Phaewryn, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803

1. spoolss.dll is 0 kb, print issues after WIN 10 HOME upgrade to version 1803 - Similar Threads - spoolss dll print

2. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  3. Upgrade Win 10 1803 to 1903 version using MDM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 10 1803 to 1903 version using MDM?: Dear all, Does someone know if there is a way to upgrade Windows version from 1803 to 1903 using Intune components? Thanks for your answers Jerome...
  4. upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809.

upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809.: while updating from 1803 version to 1809 version I am getting error code 0xc1900201 and message " We could not update the system reserved partition. pl guide me how to overcome this problem....
  5. upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809

upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809: Sir I tried to upgrade from WIN 10 Version 1803 to WIN 10 1809 I am getting error code 0xc1900201 and message "we could not update the system reserved partition". How to fix this error pl. guide....
  6. Unable to create a print job after upgrading to Windows 10 Home Version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create a print job after upgrading to Windows 10 Home Version 1803: After upgrading to Windows 10 Home Version 1803 on my HP laptop, I can no longer print with my HP 8720 Network printer or my HP 8600 attached printer. I have run the troubleshooter numerous times and the troubleshooter will either stop or gives me an error message that it is...
  7. windows media player for win 10 Home version 1803

windows media player for win 10 Home version 1803: I think i need to use playstore app = bubbleupnp app to view photos on my smart tv. I think I need windows media player to do this. I cannot find the Windows Media player download (version 12 ?) Do you think I need to view photos from Google Photos this way? Or is there...
  8. Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?

Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?: Hello, I was referred here by some wonderful folks on the sonar forums. I am hoping to just do my work and stop worrying about my pc and windows updates. I have win 10 home, it is a brand new Dell XP (or something like that) I just got in Jan. Will this answer work from...
  9. Cannot print after update to version 1803

Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  10. Network issue on Win 10 Home version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue on Win 10 Home version: We have 5 HP all in one Desktops all purchased about 8 months ago, the desktop I use is causing problems with networking, all the desktops run on the same network, my desktop is unable to see networks via the file explorer in the "This PC" Section but if I us the "quick...