Windows 10: Sporadic Live Tile Updates

Discus and support Sporadic Live Tile Updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Okay, I understand that Live Tile updates for third-party apps can and will vary. But when it comes to certain standard/system apps, I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nuspieds, Aug 1, 2015.

1. nuspieds Win User

Sporadic Live Tile Updates

Hi,

Okay, I understand that Live Tile updates for third-party apps can and will vary. But when it comes to certain standard/system apps, I would expect to always see their Live Tile functionality in effect.

Both my Weather and Calendar apps are "stuck" on their Title tile. Twice this morning I have see the Weather app show my weather info, but then it goes back to the Title tile and gets stuck there; no more weather info.

I'm less bothered by the Calendar app, but I'm thinking tit should at least show today's date. Unlike the Weather app, it has never shown any data; only the Title tile.

I tried turning off Live Tile and then turning it back on for both, but still the same results.

Is there anything else I should be doing or is anyone else also encountering the same bug?

Thanks!

:)

nuspieds, Aug 1, 2015
  2. 3DSal Win User

I agree it is comforting knowing it's not something wrong w this pc that's causing the two tiles to not be live. Weather nor Calendar tiles are live and it's disappointing because the tile IS live on another Local account, but not on my Admin account....go
    figure! I guess it is low priority for Microsoft right now. I'll patiently wait for the fix. At least I'm not the only one...Thanks

3DSal, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Sporadic Live Tile Updates

Hi,

Okay, I understand that Live Tile updates for third-party apps can and will vary. But when it comes to certain standard/system apps, I would expect to always see their Live Tile functionality in effect.

Both my Weather and Calendar apps are "stuck" on their Title tile. Twice this morning I have see the Weather app show my weather info, but then it goes back to the Title tile and gets stuck there; no more weather info.

I'm less bothered by the Calendar app, but I'm thinking tit should at least show today's date. Unlike the Weather app, it has never shown any data; only the Title tile.

I tried turning off Live Tile and then turning it back on for both, but still the same results.

Is there anything else I should be doing or is anyone else also encountering the same bug?

Thanks!

Nusaram Piedsron, Aug 1, 2015
  4. JoeShades Win User

Finally got my lives tiles to work but they don't update unless opened which seems to defeat the purpose of a live tile

JoeShades, Aug 1, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    My lives tiles are acting strangely, too. Just 30 seconds ago, they were showing the current weather and I opened the app to verify that, then I closed it and started searching around for any setting that could be incorrectly configured on r PC. I click the Start button -bam- my weather info is gone! The only cause that I could think of is maybe the app is updating the weather status.

Aaand now it's back.

6. JoeShades Win User
    They update if you open the app but once the app is closed the don't update

JoeShades, Aug 1, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    I thought it was that at first, but the tiles don't do that sometimes.

8. nuspieds Win User

No, they can still update even if the app is closed.

I have several apps that based on what I see on the live tile, I then open the app to see/read the story.

Even when I have the Weather app opened, it still doesn't show anything on the live tile. But I'm sure it will at some random point, as usual. *Smile

nuspieds, Aug 2, 2015
  9. JoeShades Win User
    Well mine are not updating ,Is there some setting that can fix this?

JoeShades, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sporadic Live Tile Updates - Similar Threads - Sporadic Live Tile

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  3. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  5. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  6. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  7. Live tiles not updating

Live tiles not updating: Live tiles do not update for several days - is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/live-tiles-not-updating/42c8dbff-1ada-4b95-83d2-d0a1ed49e047
  8. tile live updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tile live updates: For some reason not all my apps are updating live like they should be. Like my cnn app; and the sports app that came with 10 already installed as well as the money app and Im sure there are some others Im missing right now. Are these known issues that still exist; or should i...
  9. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...