Windows 10: Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues)

Discus and support Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm really not sure how else to describe the problem. I have a wired connection through some powerline adapters, my wifi is off. It seems that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by smilebomb, Oct 4, 2017.

1. smilebomb Win User

Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues)

I'm really not sure how else to describe the problem. I have a wired connection through some powerline adapters, my wifi is off. It seems that I can connect to some websites, but others I cannot. For example, tenforums.com seems to have no problem. nodejs.org is constantly timing out. The weird thing, if I visit nodejs.org through a free proxy service, then the website finally renders in my browser (edge).

For what it's worth, I believe something about ipv6 may be the issue... but I'm not a networking guy and don't know how to start diagnosing the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues) [​IMG]

Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues) [​IMG]

From support.microsoft.com (link)
    :)

smilebomb, Oct 4, 2017

2. Unable to connect to websites and apps.

I am able to connect to IPv6 websites like google, youtube or facebook on my pc but it does not allow for connections with steam, skype, twitter or any other websites and apps that I use. I know this is an issue to do with IPv4 since I ran a test in CMD
    I dont know what to do since I have already seen that IPv4 protocols are enabled in networking. Please help me if you could.

Original title: IPv4, IPv6 connection issues

Thimo-Dommerholt, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Does microsoft virtual wifi miniport support ipv6?

My laptop can surf ipv6 websites via wired connection.

But when I used microsoft virtual wifi miniport and my phone can't surf ipv6 websites.

Does microsoft virtual wifi miniport support ipv6?

Thanks very much.

LiXiangabc, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Unless your using homegroup disable ipv6 its not used set your dns to 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 see if that soves it

Samuria, Oct 4, 2017
  5. smilebomb Win User
    I have read that disabling ipv6 is discouraged by Microsoft. And that is just a hunch I have, that ipv6 is the problem. I'd first like to know for sure if that is the issue, so my first question would be how do I determine that? Again, not a networking guy, so setting DNS is something I'm not familiar with. Thanks for the suggestions.

smilebomb, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Ipv6 is the new ipbut in most cases isnt used yet the test is to disable it to see if it soves it ist simple to turn it off and on dns follow win7 tutors Use OpenDNS

Samuria, Oct 4, 2017
  7. smilebomb Win User
    The link you provided didn't work for me because I have windows 10, which they don't have instructions listed for apparently. I googled changing Windows 10 DNS and managed to use Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) and it looks like I can access the nodejs.org domain without issue now.

I'm not a huge fan of running off with fixes without understanding what happened. It seems that the only thing that changed was switching to Google's DNS server from what I was using by default (I'm assuming my ISP's?). Even if that is the case, I'd like to know what happened and why if someone would like to chime in. I'll leave this as unresolved until then.

Samuria, thanks for helping me find a solution!

smilebomb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sporadic website connectivity (possibly ipv6 issues) - Similar Threads - Sporadic website connectivity

2. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...: Many users, many locked threads, not many solutions to this issue.Running SFC /Scannow fixed an issue with IPV6 connection so that at least servers using ipv6 would load websites.Wifi network would show connected with internet but also show "identifying". under CMD ipconfig...
  3. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...: Many users, many locked threads, not many solutions to this issue.Running SFC /Scannow fixed an issue with IPV6 connection so that at least servers using ipv6 would load websites.Wifi network would show connected with internet but also show "identifying". under CMD ipconfig...
  4. ipv6 connectivity is fine while ipv4 is not only ipv6 websites load I have a valid answer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Sporadic connection to websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sporadic connection to websites: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 360. It has been working great until a couple of days ago. Now, when I connect to the internet only some some websites connect. Ironically, i couldn't get to microsoft.com. Error says the site couldn't be reached and I should check my proxy and...
  6. Sporadic connection to websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sporadic connection to websites: I have a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 360. It has been working great until a couple of days ago. Now, when I connect to the internet only some some websites connect. Ironically, i couldn't get to microsoft.com. Error says the site couldn't be reached and I should check my proxy and...
  7. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  8. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  9. ipv6 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity: hi all windows 10 users how to get ipv6 to connect acer E1-570. in my network and sharing it shows ipv4 internet connected but ipv6 says no internet connection do I need to have ipv6 connected and is it important my internet is fine l dont understand this any help welcome...
  10. no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly

no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly: I noticed late last night..no IPv6 connection, only IPv4. and from that, some web pages load very slowly. I checked download /upload speed and registered very abnormal results. download: 5.25% and upload: 1.90% the normal stats would be download: 95.78% and upload: 6.88%...