Windows 10: Spotify fails to open

Discus and support Spotify fails to open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PsyCoil, Jul 22, 2018.

1. PsyCoil Win User

Spotify fails to open

Hello there,
    After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get:

Spotify fails to open [​IMG]

I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work fine.

:)

PsyCoil, Jul 22, 2018

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Cortana to play Spotify instead of Groove

Hi,

Spotify is a digital music streaming app that gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts and videos from artists all over the world. To play music with Spotify, just connect Cortana to a Spotify Premium account. Here's how to connect your Spotify account
    to Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Select Notebook , then Music.
    • Choose Spotify, and enter your account information. Or, create an account.

If the above solution did not solve your concern, we suggest to check out this
    help site for answers to your questions and to learn how to get the most out of Spotify and your music.

Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 22, 2018
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Spotify fails to open

cheesy999, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Spotify fails to open

1. Spotify fails to open - Similar Threads - Spotify fails open

2. Spotify opening up on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  3. Cant open spotify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant open spotify: Somehow I can't open the spotify app from the windows store on my laptop? Reinstall doesn't work... submitted by /u/notoriousnutcracker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu895f/cant_open_spotify/
  4. Spotify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spotify: Help! I don't know what to do. When I'm listening to Spotify my pc locks. Every time when I'm not doing anything my copmuter goes to lock mode too. I tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/ce14f286-7160-4d15-850f-c971c57da7cc
  5. spotify

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotify: can I download music from spotify to media player / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/0afe4bf1-f744-4eca-aeee-eb9f69af2174
  6. Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

in Cortana
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.: Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode. I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so...
  7. Spotify won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify won't open: Hi all, I currently have Spotify installed and recently I had a problem with it won't opening first hand when I clicked on it. After installing Spotify, the Microsoft Store would still open directly to the Spotify page although I already had it installed. Another problem is...
  8. Spotify

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  9. spotify

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spotify: hi please like my playlists on Spotify my username is earmcoutlook.com.au https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spotify/c01bb096-d883-4f97-97cd-df5fd688f34e
  10. Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...