Windows 10: Spotify

Discus and support Spotify in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by royw, Jan 26, 2018.

1. royw Win User

Spotify

I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages shown on the attached screenshots pop up. Any ideas as to how to get rid of them?

:)

2. Nevalainen, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Move my Groove collection to Spotify doesn't work

@giancarlo88 Groove transition to spotify is not available on mobile. You have to use a Windows 10 PC to do it

Th3S4mur41, Jan 26, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Spotify

pepanee, Jan 26, 2018
  5. royw Win User
    pepanee, autoruns did not find anything for Spotify. Any other ideas?

6. pepanee Win User
    My next option to do would be to re-install that same app, then uninstall it again. Restart the computer. Hopefully that would get rid of it. I wouldn't touch any other left-over things from the Registry, etc.

Yet, if you still want to try to remove all left-over remnants, then make a backup of a key from the Registry, delete that key, then restart the computer. one by one. You would eventually come down to the specific Registry entry (if it is a Registry entry that's causing this), and you can analyze what that data states from the Registry. Then from there you can probably figure what's doing it.

I have a bunch of "missing entries" in my Autoruns, but I don't really worry about it, because that shouldn't affect the computer's performance. But I understand by how you would like to remove remnants.

That's what I would do. It might take a while to do all that, but that's what I would do.

Maybe someone else can suggest other things.

Also I would suggest another idea. Search on Bing: "The specified path does not exist. Check the path and then try again"
    - Bing

Maybe you can find something that would be useful. Hope you get it fixed.

pepanee, Jan 26, 2018
  7. pepanee Win User
    Oh I'm sorry. Edit.
    In your original post, you didn't state that you deleted left-over remnants from the Registry. (I assumed you went there and deleted anything to do with Spotify from the Registry)

If you haven't done that already, then go to the Registry first, and delete anything to do with Spotify.

pepanee, Jan 26, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Spotify

What Antivirus do you have installed.

Also consider installing the Store version.

swarfega, Jan 26, 2018
  9. royw Win User
    I had already deleted everything in the registry relating to Spotify, and when I visited Microsoft Store to install Spotify I was told the program was already installed. I clicked the launch button but was told "the path does not exist".

Wht else can I try?

10. royw Win User
    My antivirus program is Avast Premier Internet Security.

11. I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spotify

1. Spotify - Similar Threads - Spotify

2. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...: I tried both Chrome and Firefox, but none worked.I also tried these:Click on StartIn search box, typecmd, then "CMD" will be displayed in the searchNow right-click on "CMD" and Select "Run as administrator".Now enter this commandnetsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press...
  3. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...: I tried both Chrome and Firefox, but none worked.I also tried these:Click on StartIn search box, typecmd, then "CMD" will be displayed in the searchNow right-click on "CMD" and Select "Run as administrator".Now enter this commandnetsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press...
  4. Despite I'm connected to internet and some of applications like Telegram and Spotify do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11: i run a zoom meeting every week and since doing the windows update to windows 11 when i play Spotify on to meeting its all crackly and hissing i have updated all setting and drivers i can but no joy i have a windows 10 lap top set up is the same spotify and zoom on there but...
  6. i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11

i have music problems on zoom using Spotify since window update from 10 to windows 11: i run a zoom meeting every week and since doing the windows update to windows 11 when i play Spotify on to meeting its all crackly and hissing i have updated all setting and drivers i can but no joy i have a windows 10 lap top set up is the same spotify and zoom on there but...
  7. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  8. This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.

This App Cannot Open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify.: So i was playing on my Cyborg A13VE, and i was gonna open the spotify app, tell me this app cant open, Check the Store for more info about Spotify. , i already tried some past solution but it couldnt work including restart the computer....
  9. Hi, i am unable to download spotify due to missing files. i believe I am able to download...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hi, i am unable to download spotify due to missing files. i believe I am able to download...: the error message reads: the code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'.i have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify many times already, and restarted my laptop....
  10. Hi, i am unable to download spotify due to missing files. i believe I am able to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, i am unable to download spotify due to missing files. i believe I am able to download...: the error message reads: the code execution cannot proceed because ResampleDmo.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'.i have uninstalled and reinstalled spotify many times already, and restarted my laptop....