Windows 10: Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images

Discus and support Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like getting a new Spotlight Background image on my lock screen. But most of the time, when I start or restart the PC, the lock screen image goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NotEnoughRage, May 14, 2017.

1. Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images

I like getting a new Spotlight Background image on my lock screen. But most of the time, when I start or restart the PC, the lock screen image goes back to a stored image that Microsoft installed.
    How can I keep the lock screen and sign-in screen on the new background images?

:)

NotEnoughRage, May 14, 2017
  2. EJWDO Win User

Windows Spotlight interesting facts have disappeared and the image never changes. Windows 10.

I find Windows Spotlight to be a great lock screen background, changing from day to day and always of something interesting.

However, I am having trouble using it.

Every time I enable Windows Spotlight, it loads the new Bing image and displays it on the lockscreen. However, just a little bit after that rather than using Windows Spotlight with changing images, it deselects Windows Spotlight and enables Pictures, using
    the default location where it saves Windows Spotlight images presumably. The image is the same, but the interesting facts have disappeared and the image never changes.

What's going on?!

Old title: Windows Spotlight.

EJWDO, May 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Home; Spotlight lock screen background does not work properly.

There is still a problem with Windows Spotlight and setting the LockScreen background Picture in Windows 10 Pro. Loading 12 brand new HP laptops, freshly updated, brand new and I have issues on a few of them with Windows Spotlight. My issue is I cannot
    set a LockScreen Picture for the background image, it keeps showing the same stuck Spotlight picture.

The problem: LockScreen- Spotlight never changes, gets stuck on one picture. Changing to Picture, and setting a new Lock Screen picture, still keeps showing the stuck Spotlight image on the lock screen. Change LockScreen to Spotlight from Picture, close
    Settings, re-open LockScreen settings, it is set back to Picture. Set a Lockscreen custom picture, change LockScreen to Spotlight then back to Picture, custom picture is lost and it shows the stuck Spotlight Picture. Lockscreen-Spotlight shows a greyed out
    background with no image in settings.

Obviously this is a bug.

Solution: The only solution which seems to resolve some of this for me.

1. Set LockScreen to Picture

2. Navigate to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings

3. Delete both files here. Do not rename them.

4. Set LockScreen to Windows Spotlight

5. Open Powershell( x86) as Admin and Run the following command

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

6. Restart

7. Set the LockScreen background picture again, and it should stick now.

This does not seem to resolve the messed up Spotlight issues, something is very broken with Lock Screen Spotlight in Windows 10.

GrantHayman, May 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images

Brink, May 14, 2017
  5. Thank you Brink. I`ll give it a try.

NotEnoughRage, May 15, 2017
  6. "If it's still staying set to use "Windows Spotlight" as your lock screen background."
    I did`nt see anywhere it said that, but the other day I did the procedure to reset and register spotlight anyway.
    Today though it went back to a saved Windows picture. Still does this when I start or restart the PC.

NotEnoughRage, May 16, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It'll be the same setting you see in the screenshot under step 8 to have "Windows Spotlight" set as your lock screen background.

When you restart the computer, does your lock screen stay set to "Windows Spotlight", or is it set to something else (ex: "Picture")?

Brink, May 16, 2017
  8. Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images

Okay, it did not say to set as lock screen background. So, I guess that means it is set and registered. Yes, after starting or restarting the PC, if I go into Settings to check it, it stays set to Windows Spotlight.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok, good that it's still set to show "Windows Spotlight".

By default, the lock screen at startup should show the background of the last user that shut down or restarted the computer.

Brink, May 16, 2017
  10. It does`nt. Say for example the last Spotlight Background picture that was up prior to shut down was the a spider web spotlight picture. That picture will not show upon starting or restarting the PC. It always goes back to a default picture that was installed in the OS.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 16, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I must admit that I'm not sure why it's not always showing a Windows Spotlight image then. *Confused

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images

1. Spotlight Background Images Keep Going Back To Windows Images - Similar Threads - Spotlight Background Images

2. 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background: I've got two different background images for my two monitors, and every few days or so, the 2nd monitor will get its image changed to the same image as the first monitor. No idea what causes this. I've got the "Choose a fit" set to "Fill", if that helps. submitted by...
  3. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  4. Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically: Hi everyone, Now, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here to ask something like this. Please feel free to send me somewhere where they would know. I think the title sums up the gist of it. I really like the images that Windows Spotlight shoots at me everyday. So I want...
  5. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  6. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  7. No description on spotlight images

No description on spotlight images: It's really great seeing all these lovely pictures on my lock screen each morning, but please add a description of said photos so we all know what we're looking at. I see questions about this dating back to 2016 but it appears not to have been fixed. If this has been fixed,...
  8. Spotlight choice of images

Spotlight choice of images: Can Microsoft choose some images of cities for Spotlight? Some skylines, interesting architecture, public art ... those would be a nice balance to all of the beautiful nature photos that are already chosen....
  9. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373
  10. Find and Save Windows Spotlight Background Images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Save Windows Spotlight Background Images in Windows 10: How to: Find and Save Windows Spotlight Background Images in Windows 10 How to Find and Save Windows Spotlight Background Images in Windows 10 lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen from...