Windows 10: Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130

Discus and support Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I only ever get one of the default pictures -- either the river or the sand. This is even after a complete reinstall. I also wiped out as much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zal, Jun 2, 2015.

1. ZAL
    zal Win User

Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130

I only ever get one of the default pictures -- either the river or the sand. This is even after a complete reinstall. I also wiped out as much personalization data as possible from Bing and the Microsoft Account management page.

They used to work fine, but I don't think they've appeared since 10074. I read that the directory for the lock screen images was changing, but deleting them doesn't fix the problem.

The images do download and appear. I can find them under Microsoft.ContentDeliveryManager, but they don't ever show up on the lock screen.

I also have trouble signing in to some apps, like Xbox. I'm worried it's a bigger problem with my account in general. They used to show up if I used a local account instead, but now that doesn't work either.

Anybody else had this problem? I can deal if it's a bug, I just want to know it's more than just me.

:)

2. Eliminating pre-logon pictures in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328

You can modify the settings for Spotlight pictures from Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen.

If you want to harvest the Windows Spotlight pictures themselves, see:

How to Save
    Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen Pictures

Andre Da Costa, Jun 2, 2015
  3. samcxm99 Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen not displaying chosen image

Windows lock screen worked perfectly fine until I decided to try using the slideshow feature. After which, when booted up, the lock screen would show a picture that I did not select, presumably from spotlight. Figuring there might be a problem, I went to
    change lock screen back to picture, but at boot up, lock screen would still show the spotlight picture.

When I use WIN+L to lock my computer, it would display the chosen picture, but after turning off and on again, it would proceed to show the spotlight picture again.

May I know how to fix this? Thanks! Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130 :)

samcxm99, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130

1. Spotlight lock screen pictures not working on 10130 - Similar Threads - Spotlight lock screen

2. Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working: After latest Update on my 4 Laptops all of a sudden the Spotlight feature on the lock screen turned into the big blue stripes as default and with out showing any information or option to like or dislike and selected in the settings to show the weather but not showing. This is...
  3. Lock screen and spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen and spotlight not working: Hey all,For some reason, the lock screen/login screen on Windows is no longer "allowing" Windows Spotlight as the screen. It happened randomly about 2 months ago, and after a lot of searching, and following some instructions like deleting folders and running a powershell...
  4. Lock screen and spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen and spotlight not working: Hey all,For some reason, the lock screen/login screen on Windows is no longer "allowing" Windows Spotlight as the screen. It happened randomly about 2 months ago, and after a lot of searching, and following some instructions like deleting folders and running a powershell...
  5. lock screen spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen spotlight not working: I'm no longer getting a picture on the lock screen, as when I log on. I just get a black screen with the date/time. I've disabled BitDefender, as someone suggested that, but it made no difference. I have selected a picture instead of Spotlight, and that works. However, I'd...
  6. lock screen spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen spotlight not working: I'm no longer getting a picture on the lock screen, as when I log on. I just get a black screen with the date/time. I've disabled BitDefender, as someone suggested that, but it made no difference. I have selected a picture instead of Spotlight, and that works. However, I'd...
  7. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  8. Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work: Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work. I tried select different folder for Lock Screen Slideshow but it shows only 1 default static image from Picture Lock Screen option. Spotlight shows default static picture too. I tired to change settings and restart pc and tried to...
  9. Windows Spotlight Not Working in Lock Screen

Windows Spotlight Not Working in Lock Screen: Hello, recently I've been having a problem with Windows Spotlight not working in my lock screen. When I go to settings and try to switch to Windows Spotlight it will just switch back to Picture. I've tried the method of changing it to picture and waiting for it to reset and...
  10. Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?

Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?: More than once already I would have loved to know WHERE the screen lock image that Windows 10 presented that day was taken. Some are really very beautiful and spectacular. Any idea? Is there some website where one can find some background info re. the image of the day? 34850