Windows 10: spotlight not working

Discus and support spotlight not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; in the fall creators update, i do not get any image on the lock screen when first booting up in the morning. it is just a blue screen with the date and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by milesm, Jan 14, 2018.

1. milesm Win User

spotlight not working

in the fall creators update, i do not get any image on the lock screen when first booting up in the morning. it is just a blue screen with the date and time. but once logged in, if i hit windows key and L, i get a picture (and asking if i like it). spotlight wasn't working properly after the first creators update. i've done the deleting of picture files suggested in other posts but it was only temporary, eventually showing the same picture day in day out. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

:)

milesm, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

spotlight not working

Brink, Jan 14, 2018
  5. milesm Win User
    thanks Brink. thought MS would have addressed it the fall creators update. hopefully they'll fix it in the next spring creators update.

milesm, Jan 14, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome.

Did that sort this for you for now?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

spotlight not working

1. spotlight not working - Similar Threads - spotlight working

2. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99
  3. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99
  4. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  5. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  6. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  7. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  8. Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working: Hi,I am using a HP Victus laptop. Last week all of a sudden, my windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working. I tried changing in setting to picture and back again to spotlight. Still, it is not working. I don't have antivirus software in my laptop other than windows...
  9. Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working

Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working: Hi,I am using a HP Victus laptop. Last week all of a sudden, my windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working. I tried changing in setting to picture and back again to spotlight. Still, it is not working. I don't have antivirus software in my laptop other than windows...
  10. Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working: After latest Update on my 4 Laptops all of a sudden the Spotlight feature on the lock screen turned into the big blue stripes as default and with out showing any information or option to like or dislike and selected in the settings to show the weather but not showing. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spotlight lockscreen not working windows 10 1809