Windows 10: Spotlight not working

Discus and support Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1803 17134.81 Spotlight is not working after installing IOBit StartMenu 8. Is there a way where I can get Spotlight working? Thanks. 111599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by greeny, Jun 4, 2018.

1. greeny Win User

Spotlight not working

Windows 10 v1803 17134.81 Spotlight is not working after installing IOBit StartMenu 8.

Is there a way where I can get Spotlight working?

Thanks.

:)

greeny, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Windows Spotlight not working

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Are you still encountering the same issue on Spotlight?
    • Did you already try to do what Time Lady suggested?
    If the issue still persists, kindly mention what are the steps you've done so far.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Windows Spotlight not working on first boot

UPDATED 8/19/2017

I'm not sure every step is necessary, but this seems to work.

• First, go to Settings/personalization/lock screen. Change setting from Windows Spotlight to Picture or Slideshow.

• clean out these folders C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
      and C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

• Go back to Settings/personalization/lock screen and set it back to Spotlight. When I did this I got an aerial picture taken from the cockpit of a bi-plane. Give it a few minutes to see if it changes. If not, continue regardless.

• Go to your lock screen. If Spotlight appears, reboot your computer. If Spotlight doesn't appear, go back to
      Settings/personalization/lock screen and switch from Spotlight to Picture and back again. Again, you may have to wait a few minutes to see if the picture changes. If it does, go back to your
      lock screen to verify Spotlight loads and reboot again. Hopefully it should work at this point.

After getting Spotlight back on start-up and losing it again, it occurred to me that previewing it in lock screen before rebooting might have an effect on loading the Spotlight image. That seems to be the case.

Also, going to Windows Administrative Tools/Services and switching
    Delivery Options to automatic might have had an effect.

Jeff Manghera, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Spotlight not working

1. Spotlight not working - Similar Threads - Spotlight working

2. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  5. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  6. Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working: Hi,I am using a HP Victus laptop. Last week all of a sudden, my windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working. I tried changing in setting to picture and back again to spotlight. Still, it is not working. I don't have antivirus software in my laptop other than windows...
  7. Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working

Windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working: Hi,I am using a HP Victus laptop. Last week all of a sudden, my windows 11 lock screen spotlight is not working. I tried changing in setting to picture and back again to spotlight. Still, it is not working. I don't have antivirus software in my laptop other than windows...
  8. Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working: After latest Update on my 4 Laptops all of a sudden the Spotlight feature on the lock screen turned into the big blue stripes as default and with out showing any information or option to like or dislike and selected in the settings to show the weather but not showing. This is...
  9. Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working

Windows Spotlight on Lock screen Not Working: After latest Update on my 4 Laptops all of a sudden the Spotlight feature on the lock screen turned into the big blue stripes as default and with out showing any information or option to like or dislike and selected in the settings to show the weather but not showing. This is...
  10. my windows spotlight stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows spotlight stopped working: I don't know what happened, I've had a blue background for many days now, and the pictures don't change anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-spotlight-stopped-working/8e27805e-3c3e-47a0-a734-b2ca0ecbc9e1