Windows 10: Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

Discus and support Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a bit confused about the terminology of background pictures, themes and Spotlight picture. When the computer hasn't been used for a specified time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alicia J, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

I'm a bit confused about the terminology of background pictures, themes and Spotlight picture. When the computer hasn't been used for a specified time, my screen savers start. If I go back to the computer and move the mouse my screensaver goes away and another Windows picture fills up the desktop. I believe this is called the Spotlight but I could be wrong.

This Windows picture used to change. Since I did a clean install of Windows 10 this picture does not change. How do I get it to change? I used to see several different pictures in random order.

:)

Alicia J, Jan 18, 2016

2. Problem with Windows Spotlight

Spotlight pictures were nice while they lasted. As of yesterday it has reverted to the picture screen even although Windows +L shows the spotlight picture. It seems to happen when the Spotlight picture changes because I had a desert view until day before
    yesterday and now the Spotlight picture is of a road in mountains. It seems too much of a coincidence that the screen reverts at the same time as the Spotlight picture changes.

s carmichael, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Lock screen keeps changing from Spotlight to Picture

I have the Lock Screen picture on my laptop set to Spotlight, and it never changes. When I go back to check it after several days, the option is no longer Spotlight, but Picture, and the Spotlight picture is displayed several times below the drop down menu
    for me to choose.

My preference is to use Spotlight, and for the picture to change. What is wrong that the setting keeps reverting to Picture?

Jeffrey Taylor, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Alicia J Win User

Today it works for some reason!

Alicia J, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Alicia J Win User
    Okay today I am back to the original picture. Can someone tell me where this folder of pictures is located. If I use the Windows Key plus L to lock screen then I get a different image.

Alicia J, Jan 19, 2016
  6. mykou Win User
    Alicia , go to this path in explorer address bar and rename all files to . jpg

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Loca lState\Assets

mykou, Jan 19, 2016
  7. Alicia J Win User
    Copy and pasting this file doesn't take me anywhere. I must be doing something wrong. I can't find it manually either.

Okay I found some files in there. They are a listed with numbers and letters.

Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures [​IMG]

Alicia J, Jan 19, 2016
  8. mykou Win User

you have to rename the files with a jpg extension ( choose the biggest ones in size )

That said , you'd prefer use an app like " spotbright" on windows store since it's free and more user friendly this way *092

mykou, Jan 20, 2016
  9. Alicia J Win User
    I really like the pictures in Windows spotlight. I'll keep the other app in mind and I'll go to the store to check it out. Would I only change the larger files to JPG?

Spotbright looks good. Can you just have pictures on lock screen without background wallpaper?

Alicia J, Jan 20, 2016
  10. mykou Win User
    You can change smaller files too but they match as portrait rather than landscape

and yes you can just set pic on lock screen while having a plain color as desktop background or whatever you like

mykou, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Alicia J Win User
    Okay that's great, thanks!

Alicia J, Jan 20, 2016
  12. Alicia J Win User
    I downloaded it but how do I make it the pro version? I tried to buy it and it kept asking me for my State not province.

Alicia J, Jan 21, 2016
  13. mykou Win User

Couldn't tell since I'm only using the free version with ads .........

mykou, Jan 22, 2016
  14. Alicia J Win User
    I don't have any ads in mine and it still shows as free in purchases. Thanks.

Alicia J, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures - Similar Threads - Spotlight picture changinglight

2. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  3. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft spotlight pictures: Could Microsoft change the spotlight pictures every day? It would be nice to see a new one every day when you open your computer. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-spotlight-pictures/11d46ca5-a914-466b-9c82-d05844840d13
  6. Microsoft spotlight pictures

Microsoft spotlight pictures: Could Microsoft change the spotlight pictures every day? It would be nice to see a new one every day when you open your computer. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-spotlight-pictures/11d46ca5-a914-466b-9c82-d05844840d13
  7. Windows Spotlight picture location

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight picture location: Pictures rotate on regular basis but unable to view their location when hovering over picture or right click. Some of them are stunning and would like to know where they've been taken...
  8. Windows spotlight not change picture?

Windows spotlight not change picture?: Hello to all i have an issue with new version windows 1903 windows spotlight not work and is stucked on mountain lake photo ,things that i try reset bat from windows 10 forum nothing change,delete all files from where windows spotlight saves the pics nothing...
  9. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  10. Wrong spotlight picture description

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong spotlight picture description: Hi I notice your location for the pic attached is wrong, the description say it is Taiwan but in fact it is New Zealand Please fix it. Thanks Google image search report that this is actually in New Zealand...