Windows 10: Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate

Discus and support Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings. Newbie here. Searching resulted with impertinent info. Be gentle *Tongue This old laptop originally came with Windows 7. Over the past few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by beggersrun, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate

Greetings. Newbie here. Searching resulted with impertinent info. Be gentle *Tongue

This old laptop originally came with Windows 7. Over the past few years, I upgraded to Windows 8, then to 8.1, and finally to 10. I've received a few of the automatic spring and fall updates and have had no problems ... until the last update this past April 2018.

The update went smoothly and everything seemed to be working fine, so I deleted the Windows.old folder (cue the sad trombone). "Activate Windows..." is now being displayed. Trouble-shooting results with the system telling me (among other things) "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home."

Firstly, I believe that the previous edition before the April update was Enterprise? (is Enterprise and Home the same?)I've had no reason to ever have Windows Pro on this laptop. I've used the Windows Download Tool to get the Home edition, but it keeps downloading Pro edition. Where/how to get Windows 10 Home edition?

If this topic has already been discussed, please point me to the thread. *Smile

Thanks!

- Dale

:)

beggersrun, Jul 31, 2018

2. unable to activate Windows 10 error 0x8007232b

Hi Anmol,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I can understand that you are unable to activate your copy of Windows 10 due to error message 0x8007232b. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• When exactly do you get this error message?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the pc?

• Did you try to activate your copy of Windows over phone?

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. Try entering a product key that matches the edition of Windows on your device.

Follow these steps to change product key:

• Select the Start button icon button, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.

• Select Change product key, and then type your 25-character product key.

Follow these steps to activate Windows over phone:

• Type SLUI 04 in the search box on the taskbar, select SLUI 04.

• Then follow the instructions on the screen to activate Windows.

Article for reference.

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate

windows update Error 0xC004F074 Windows not activated

Hi Lucas,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Is your computer connected to a (domain) secured network? Aside from updating the computer, have you performed any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided on these article:

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate

1. Spring Update Error - Enterprise to Pro - Unable to Activate - Similar Threads - Spring Update Error

2. Unable to activate Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 11 Enterprise: I've purchased Windows 11 Enterprise from the Microsoft store and have installed it on my PCHowever, the Activation Status shows "Not Active" with the following Error message:"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Windows 11 Enterprise: I've purchased Windows 11 Enterprise from the Microsoft store and have installed it on my PCHowever, the Activation Status shows "Not Active" with the following Error message:"We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product...
  4. Unable to activate windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate windows 10 enterprise: Hello,I purchased Windows 10 enterprise from the microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 home edition.Windows 10 enterprise is operating on my current computer but I keep getting an error message that it is not activated see below.I am using the same microsoft account logged...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1803 turned into Windows Enterprise & unable to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 turned into Windows Enterprise & unable to activate: Hi dear, Please help me : I had tried to upgrade windows 10 Pro 1803 into 2004 from Windows 10 Update Assistant, this has been completed successfully but the upgraded windows showing Windows Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro. I am very afraid, my product keys is...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Enterprise: I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed. I can use it but it keeps writing that I have to activate it. I was just wondering how I can activate it because it is saying “cannot connect to the organisation server”....
  7. Unable to activate Windows Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to activate Windows Enterprise: I have a Microsoft 365 – Nonprofit Cloud Subscription Installed win10 Pro. Change to enterprise version through changing product id. Login th office.com to install Office 365. And successfully activate it. Joined our organization by Azure Active Directory but not able to...
  8. unable to activate windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to activate windows 10 enterprise: My system has been displaying activate windows 10 enterprise error code 0xC004F074 please I would need an assurance to help me resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10-enterprise/1c2bc3ca-ca71-430b-adc1-78f1fb6e3862"
  9. spring update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  10. Spring & Fall Update Issues (Win10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Support
    Spring & Fall Update Issues (Win10 Pro): Hear me out on this. I recently bit the bullet an installed the Fall Update (v1709) by doing so I had all sorts of event viewer errors (that I had pretty much straightened out with v1703) trying for several days to resolve these issues (besides the EV errors,DCOM, Miracast...