Windows 10: Spybot

Discus and support Spybot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Spybot will shortly be bringing out Spybot 2.5 for win 10, but 2.4 works fine anyway. If, like me, you have some passwords saved, spybot will remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elbmek, Oct 20, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Spybot

Spybot will shortly be bringing out Spybot 2.5 for win 10, but 2.4 works fine anyway. If, like me, you have some passwords saved, spybot will remove them BUT, there is a solution:

- Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing "Run as administrator".

- Click "Advanced User Mode".

- Go to "Settings" then go to the "Categories“ tab.

- Here you can untick the checkboxes in front of:

'tracks.sbi' , 'tracks.uti' and 'cookies.sbi'.

- Click Apply and OK afterwards.

:)

elbmek, Oct 20, 2015

2. Spybot keeps trying to reinstall itself. Help!

Malacath,

Are you was using Spybot – Search & Destroy 2. (released 09 Nov-12) OR Spybot 1.6.x. ?

If Spybot 1.6.x.

Was Spybot Resident Təa Timer enabled ??

To be cləar, after the installation, never Spybot 1.6 + Təa Timer
    was installed. OK ?

(Having uninstalled Spybot 1.6. without first fully disabling Spybot Təa Timer could be the cause of this behavior.)

`~`

Since this Forum deals with Virus and Malware issues, suggest you repost

this to :

Spybot – Search & Destroy Forums

Safer-Networking Forums

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 20, 2015
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows 10 programs stop responding after a few minutes...

Uninstall Soluto because it is no longer supported and may cause issues on Windows 10.

Did you remove Spybot before upgrading to Windows 10, then reinstall it after the upgrade?

What version of Spybot have you got?

Spybot 2.5 is required for Windows 10.

I suggest that you remove Spybot, restart, then reinstall the latest version. However take a look at the instructions from Niall2 in this thread as there is a procedure to follow.

Post Win10 Spybot-install

If you have issues doing this then I suggest you contact Spybot support.

John582n, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Spybot

1. Spybot - Similar Threads - Spybot

2. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT: I’ve been having an issue where programs like steam or nvidia GeForce experience connecting to the internet for updates causes the network activity page in resource monitor to display the ip as “007guard” after some looking apparently this is caused by my previous...
  3. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT: I’ve been having an issue where programs like steam or nvidia GeForce experience connecting to the internet for updates causes the network activity page in resource monitor to display the ip as “007guard” after some looking apparently this is caused by my previous...
  4. Is it safe to remove spybot s&d entries from hosts file? URGENT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?: I discovered that spybot adds entries of malicious or virus ridden websites to the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc. are these websites being blocked? Should I delete them? And why does opening things like steam or nvidia GeForce cause them to show up in resource monitor’s...
  6. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?: I discovered that spybot adds entries of malicious or virus ridden websites to the hosts file in system32\drivers\etc. are these websites being blocked? Should I delete them? And why does opening things like steam or nvidia GeForce cause them to show up in resource monitor’s...
  7. Spybot s&d adding entries to windows driver host file?

8. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f
  9. How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...

How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just...: How do I turn on windows defender after removing Spybot software? Option removed to just turn defender on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-after-removing/de071ad4-d623-40f8-a998-c1490ec1507f
  10. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

Spybot overrides Windows Defender: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to...