Windows 10: Squiggley red lines are back again

Discus and support Squiggley red lines are back again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently replaced my 10 year old desktop and I'm having problems with my word processors. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fred22, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Squiggley red lines are back again

I recently replaced my 10 year old desktop and I'm having problems with my word processors. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed. I use LibreOffice to convert my old .wps files and O.O. for everything else. This has been working very well for me until a couple of days ago when suddenly every document had red "squiggley" lines under almost every word. I have a file with all my passwords and, of course. spellcheck nailed them. I'm trying an operation that someone on the O.O. forum told me. They gave me a phrase "appdata" etc...can't remember the whole phrase. You then copy the phrase, paste it into the search box (Cortana) and it takes you to the O.O. folders. You are supposed to rename the folder and this will resolve the red line issue. I had the same problem with the laptop I'm on right now, but once the issue was resolved, it stayed fixed. On the desktop, as soon as I can rename the folder and start opening files, O.O. has already created a new folder called user. I talked to some people on the O.O. forum who said this issue was caused by shutting the pc down to fast, but that's not the problem...already tested. Apparently I have not found the right person on O.O. forum to help me. Perhaps someone here will be able to give me some advice. Thanks.

:)

Fred22, Mar 6, 2017
  2. noname44 Win User

I was typing a comment to a news article must have hit a key by mistake red line under letters or when I hit the space bar a red line comes out.

I was typing a comment to a news article and must have hit a key by mistake, a red squiggley line started, it

looked like the misspelled red line, but even when I hit the space bar it produced a red line, there was no grammar

error. I was using Microsoft edge on windows 10.

Thanks I believe I answered all the questions you had for me but if I missed 1 let me know.

I just realized I am typing now and it has quit, let me check it out. Looks like it's working.

I sure do Thank You!

noname44, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Red Line in text- NOT in Word

And the annoying line isn't showing in my screen shot! What's up with that? I wish I knew what I was doing to get the red line and I would do it again. I will keep trying to get the red line back.

Redsfantracy623, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

Squiggley red lines are back again

1. Squiggley red lines are back again - Similar Threads - Squiggley red lines

2. Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro: Hi, Purchased my Surface Pro in June last year - i've had issues with red or blue dots and lines as per the screenshot below. Turning nightlight on and off temporarily overcomes the issue, but inevitably it always comes back. This was happening as soon as I bought the...
  3. My screen is flashing red dots and lines.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen is flashing red dots and lines.: My screen is flashing red dots and lines. It's been going on especially when in dark areas and they keep flashing, what do I do because it's very aggravating....
  4. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  5. Red and blue line on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Red and blue line on screen: I am on 19592. I downloaded this update and now I get red and blue lines on the top and bottom of the screen when I start up. In addition, I am running at 100GB with Spectrum and the start up menu is very slow. Thanks 153264
  6. red circle with a line through it

red circle with a line through it: how to I delete a 'red circle with a line through it' from my screen? I have no idea why it appeared in the first place! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-a-line-through-it/42d8bf4d-b02b-453f-abd2-504d87df016d
  7. horizontal red lines on screen

horizontal red lines on screen: so I just started up my computer and my screen has horizontal red lines on it that are flickering they only show when i start up windows 10 and im on my screen where you see apps and stuff but when im on my load up screen they are not there i don't know how to fix...
  8. Red line passing through the center of the display.

Red line passing through the center of the display.: i receive a red color line passing through the center of the screen when i see videos,camera,movie,etc . I am a windows 10 user....
  9. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...
  10. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...