Windows 10: Srttrail.txt repair loop error

Discus and support Srttrail.txt repair loop error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, My display port monitor stopped working randomly today and usually i restart or just plug & unplug the cable and it starts working again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sinfulangle, May 15, 2016.

1. Srttrail.txt repair loop error

Hi guys,
    My display port monitor stopped working randomly today and usually i restart or just plug & unplug the cable and it starts working again.
    Well today I tried doing so and it didn't work so I tried using HDMI, VGA etc which made me restart the computer 4-5 times in a row.
    After the 6th restart it said windows repairing etc then got at a screen which said this.
    I've googled it spent over 2 hours trying to fix it from doing what is said on the windows forums reddit, etc. A lot of people give up and just reformat the computer but I can't afford to do so.
    I have preformed a system restore which failed. Tried some commands in cmd, tried startup repair - I even tried running it in safe mode which failed.
    Has anyone experienced this before?
    Attachment 80123
    EDIT: I am not sure if this picture of DISKPART helps at all - Maybe the bootmgr is on the wrong partition?
    Also why can I not change directories to C:\.
    What is X: ?

Thanks

:)

sinfulangle, May 15, 2016

2. how to fix kmode_exception_not_handled(ntfs.sys) windows 10

My windows 10 get in a automatic repair loop and it couldn't repair it. And than it says log file d:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt What to do?

MuhssenAhmad, May 15, 2016
  3. JoanPasay Win User
    I am running office 365 for business, can NOT boot up PC, error inaccessible boot device-blue screen of death...

I have tried restoring to the latest update, but that just loops back to the error code of

automatic repair window:

automatic repair could not repair your pC, press advanced ootions....

log file: d:windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt

and I can not get further than this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JoanPasay, May 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Srttrail.txt repair loop error

You've listed the disks, but what are the partitions?
    To get the partitions enter following commands for each disk
    Code: select disk 0 list partition select disk 1 list partition[/quote]

5. [/quote] Thanks for your response, here is what you requested:

Srttrail.txt repair loop error [​IMG]

sinfulangle, May 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. Okay I'm at this screen that looks like a desktop with heaps of apps and a howling wolf as the background.

What do I do from here?

Thanks

8. Srttrail.txt repair loop error

Here's a pic of all the hard drives if it helps

Sorry for the bad quality it was taken with a phone.

9. lifetec Win User
    Sometimes the cause behind this issue is the corruption or malfunctioning of registry hives under SYSTEM and SOFTWARE branches of registry configuration.
    To be clear there could be also other causes.

Try this (probably) fix.

lifetec, May 16, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    X: is the RAM drive, used in the recovery environment.

There is a drive letter to the System Reserved partition. You assigned it? If so, why? Please let us know.
    There is also a 450 MB recovery partition .... which is common to GPT disks, but the disk is MBR. Have you made any changes there? Let us know it, too.

In the present situation, you ....
    • Remove the drive letter form the 00 MB System Reserved partition
    • Boot to Advanced Startup Options. Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Reset.
      Attachment 80355
    • Run Startup Repair for three times, with restarts between every single run.
    If it is really a MBR disk, then as the 100 MB partitin is marked as active, this action will add the startup entries there.

Let us know how it goes.

11. Hi,

I will try this once I get home from work and get back to you.

Thanks

sinfulangle, May 17, 2016
  12. Hi,

I will try lifetec's solution first then I'll attempt yours.

Yes I have made changes inside DISK PART. Is there a way to set it back to default? I work in a IT Helpdesk myself - I am tech savvy when it comes to software / hardware solutions but command line troubleshooting I am still an amateur.
    Thanks

sinfulangle, May 17, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

It would have been better to explain what you have actually done in diskpart (not disk part). How was the partition structure and disk type before you did the diskpart commands would have been a better information.

The easiest way to sort things back to default is to wipe the disk and opt for a clean install. But before doing that, wait and see how the troubleshooting goes.

diskpart command line is not for them who dont know it .... there are GUI alternatives to it. Better you use PW Bootable CD next time you feel any need to change the partition structure.

14. It's been a while since I did an upgrade, but Win10 requires more than 100 mb for the bootmgr files
    Please look in your Recovery volume and post the contents.

Here's what is in my System Reserve volume - I increased it to 500 mb before upgrading, but I think the upgrade creates a new volume if the size is insufficient. It's easier to shrink C and create a new volume than to move the volumes to the right just to expand the System Reserve volume.

Attachment 80409
    If your Recovery volume has the same files, you could try setting that as the active volume and remove the active flag from System Reserve. Then restart - if it boots, you're golden. If not, boot from the install media and make System Reserve active - remove the flag from Recovery

Slartybart, May 17, 2016
  15. Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help / replies.

I ended up just reformatting the drive. I had a Microsoft certified guy looking at it and said it's a much bigger problem that we think.
    He instructed just to backup and reformat.

Thanks again for taking your time to help. *Smile

sinfulangle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Srttrail.txt repair loop error - Similar Threads - Srttrail txt repair

2. Disc error \repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc error \repair loop: hi, I cannot get out of the "disc repair" loop on my new laptop. The laptop does not get past the LENOVO logo, I have tried the switch off 3 times but it does not display any windows screen , just goes back to the "LENOVO" logo. How do I break into the startup ? to find the...
  3. Disc error \repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc error \repair loop: hi, I cannot get out of the "disc repair" loop on my new laptop. The laptop does not get past the LENOVO logo, I have tried the switch off 3 times but it does not display any windows screen , just goes back to the "LENOVO" logo. How do I break into the startup ? to find the...
  4. Disc error \repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Srttrail error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail error: Initially I had a srttrail error where I was a in a infinite boot, then I was following some videos on how to fix it in command prompt. Now I cannot even reach advanced settings and command prompt without booting from a windows 10 USB. At work right now but I’m sure I’ll be...
  6. srttrail error

srttrail error: windows 32 srttrail .txt error. unable to log on or use PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error/2b5aed23-8b15-4bcb-801b-e101812a18ce
  7. srttrail error

srttrail error: i’ve already tried the bootrec.exe commands and it returns something like “0 windows installations detected” “operation successful” and “access denied” and it won’t chkdsk c: drive...
  8. Srttrail error can’t boot

Srttrail error can’t boot: I cant boot into windows and i cant reset my pc either i would apprieciate any help i can get thanks :)[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error-cant-boot/8cf4daa8-2faf-416e-a3a6-56d8d50c4fe1
  9. Windows 10 SrtTrail error

Windows 10 SrtTrail error: Hi today updating drivers of sound (realtek) and reboot the computer found this error so far i tried to use the bootrec but one command thats bootrec /fixboot is accedd denied I have a instalation media before the april update Can anybody help me please ?...
  10. windows 10 stuck in boot loop, SrtTrail error code 0x82f

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 stuck in boot loop, SrtTrail error code 0x82f: My PC suddenly won't start up anymore, keeps being stuck on the HP logo with the 'loading swirl' playing contiuously. I think this must have occured during an update, as I managed to reach the login screen twice last Saturday, and once saw an update being installed. Since...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Kmode SRTTRAI.txt error

2. file:///c:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt error windows not loded in lenovo ideacentre desktoP ERROR OCCURED HOW TO FIX

3. lenovo srttrail.txt error