Windows 10: ssd and hdd

Discus and support ssd and hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What should i buy? 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd. And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ExtendLord, Sep 22, 2015.

1. ssd and hdd

What should i buy?
    128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd.
    And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will help win10 to boot?

:)

ExtendLord, Sep 22, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Boot device- insert proper boot device or insert boot media...

Hi,

Do you have something like Windows Boot Manager on the list...

This is what UEFI machines use as the boot selection for windows...

Do you have another option in the BIOS for "Which" HDD\SSD ?

A lot of times if you pick a HDD\SSD as the boot device it will use the HDD\SSD that is listed as the 1st HDD\SSD... The 1st HDD\SSD is selected with a different button, usually on the same screen...

You may find the Windows Boot Manager there...

slance310, Sep 22, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    SSD VS HDD

Storage wise an SSD is absolutely no different to a HDD - 500GB SSD = 500GB HDD.

The difference between an SSD and an HDD is mainly Read/Write speed - How fast Windows, Applications and Files load

An SSD is much faster than an HDD

Also SSD's do not need defragmenting as they employ a totally different method of storing files and deleting files.

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

ssd and hdd

SSD for system installation. HDD for data restore. u can do a clean install on the SSD. and copy all the files to the HDD.

Molyy, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Sep 22, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    At the moment the sweet spot for OS SSDs is 240gb so if you can, get that size and whatever size HD you can afford after that.

swarfega, Sep 22, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    To obtain significant benefits from the SSD the OS must be installed there. The ideal situation from a performance standpoint would be to have an SSD large enough for both OS and all data. The only problem with that is cost. A good compromise is to have a smaller SSD of about 120 - 256 GB for the OS and applications and a larger HD for data. Typically your data will require more storage space and will benefit less from the SSD.

LMiller7, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

ssd and hdd

Data is read into memory and held there(when you have enough RAM) anyhow. You just need to make sure the HDD doesn't go to sleep by turning Link Power Management off, and "Turn off disk after" is set to Never in advanced power options.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ssd and hdd

1. ssd and hdd - Similar Threads - ssd hdd

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  6. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  7. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  9. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  10. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD