Windows 10: SSD and the Bios?

Discus and support SSD and the Bios? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I'm trying to think ahead here... I'm expecting a new SSD in the mail soon... Will I have to change any of the settings in my laptops bios before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seek, Nov 29, 2015.

1. seek Win User

SSD and the Bios?

Hey, I'm trying to think ahead here... I'm expecting a new SSD in the mail soon... Will I have to change any of the settings in my laptops bios before I start it up and install Windows?

:)

2. Nazalur Win User

change the hd to ssd , then bios didn't find the ssd, help,pls.

Try switching SATA cable on your SSD again and more carefully, more tight, try using ethanol to make sure no dirt or dust happens there - must be some cable or plug issue.

BTW, here are a whole bundle of materials about HDD-->SSD operations over Booklet 3G here, in this forum. Try reading those materials - may help also.

Good luck!

Nazalur, Nov 29, 2015
  3. change the hd to ssd , then bios didn't find the ssd, help,pls.

i just change the kingspec 32gb ssd in my booklet, then, power on and go into the bios, just see the "Boot" menu display " Item Specific Help, All items on this menu cannot be modified in user mode. If any items require changes, please consult your system
    Supervisor. "

how can i do now? please help me! thank you very much!

kukuku---01, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

SSD and the Bios?

You should not need to change any settings unless you want to change boot sequence so that you can tell your laptop where to boot from(e.g. CD/DVD drive or another HDD)

Two questions to understand what you are planning:

Are you replacing a HDD with this SSD?
    and
    Are you wanting to clone your old HDD or start with a clean install?

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

SSD and the Bios?

1. SSD and the Bios? - Similar Threads - SSD Bios

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  5. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  6. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

7. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  8. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  9. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  10. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...