Windows 10: SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

Discus and support SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 250g which has Windows 10 OS on it - we shall call it Alpha HDD - Maxtor 500g which has Windows 8.1 OS on it - we shall call it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Novercalis, Jul 27, 2016.

1. SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 250g which has Windows 10 OS on it - we shall call it Alpha
    HDD - Maxtor 500g which has Windows 8.1 OS on it - we shall call it Beta

This machine/SSD has been build 1 month ago with no issue until 2 days ago.

So my Alpha drive is the main problem. When I boot the PC from Alpha - it will freeze/hang the PC once I arrive at the desktop. I usually have 10-20seconds of able to open programs, internet, folders etc before it stops. Once it stop - I am still able to move the mouse around but do nothing else. I have even waited for it over night and the issue was still going.

So I decided to boot from my Beta drive and the PC is perfectly fine. When I open "My Computer" I see my Alpha drive + my other drives. However the moment I open the Alpha drive - approx 15-30seconds, it becomes unresponsive and freezes. However in Beta - I am able to Ctrl-Alt-Del and force close the window folder that was browsing inside the Alpha drive. Upon force close and refreshing "My Computer". The Alpha drive is gone. I will also see on the bottom right
    "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" notifying me it removed the Alpha Drive.

Unfortunately - when I boot into Alpha - I dont have enough time to view the Eventlog, create a bootlog. This also happens in Safe Mode as well.

I also notice - when in Beta - once Alpha disappears and I restart my PC - it does not show up in Bios. Once I am back on my desktop - it does not show up on "My Computer", Device manager, Device Management, Diskpart.
    But if I do a shutdown and turn the PC back on and boot back on Beta - It does show up everywhere.
    With that said - when booting into Alpha - if I click f12 during boot to pick which boot drive I want to boot in and wait 1 minute before clicking Alpha - it will hang and never reach the log in screen. So I notice, the issue occurs when it is trying to read/have access to the SSD before shuts itself down.

Things I have tried:

* Change Sata Cable
    * Change Sata port
    * confirm any fastboot is disabled, hibernation/sleep turned off
    * unable to use Samsung Magician tool on the SSD
    * was able to quickly run and complete a error checking tool on the SSD and it came out clean

I am trying to refrain from formatting the SSD. Thank you in Advance.

:)

Novercalis, Jul 27, 2016
  2. robe36 Win User

Explorer and "StateRepository State Repository Service" causing extreme loading times on folders with Images.

I have the same issue. Clean install of Win 10 v1509, running on a new SSD install. Also have issues with using Edge, becomes unresponsive etc.

robe36, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Wiliyam Win User
    Keyboard becomes unresponsive in certain applications & lock-screen in Win10

Hi Iceq,

I don't have any Logitech hardware. On occasion, when I cold boot my system, and the keyboard in unresponsive and I cannot type in my password, I need to disconnect and reconnect my keyboard (Corsair K70 RGB).

Wiliyam, Jul 27, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

This is how I would troubleshoot your issue; however, everyone has their own way of doing things:

1. Unplug the Beta drive
    2. Reset BIOS to defaults
    3. Try to boot with just Alpha

My initial troubleshooting procedure "assumes" the SSD was properly formatted and the partitions were properly aligned during a previous clean install of Windows 10. See image below:

SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use [​IMG]

If any other SSD installation method was used (ie, restore previous HD image, etc), this could be causing issues.

If no joy, a clean install may be in order.

Good luck,

aardvark, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    My questions: How did you set up your "multi boot" drives? Where both drives connected to mobo when you installed each OS?

Plankton, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Tried that - still freezes/hang once I log in. It was working fine for about a month with no issue.

Huh?? I had the Maxtor HDD with win 8.1 installed, recently bought the SSD and installed windows 8.1. From there, I updated the SSD win 8.1 to win 10. Created a new usb window installer to do a full clean windows 10 installlation on the SSD. During that time, I didnt have any other SSD/HDD connected to the PC. When I have both SSD/HDD connected - I went into the bios setting to make sure to boot from the SSD that has win 10. No conflicts at all...

Novercalis, Jul 28, 2016
  7. Update to the original thread: I was able to get a bootlog (NTBTLOG) this time around, I dont know if this will help solve the issue

Code: 8 1 2016 15:47:34.497 BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\hal.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\kd.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\werkernel.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CLFS.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tm.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\PSHED.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\BOOTVID.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cmimcext.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ntosext.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\CI.dll BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msrpc.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FLTMGR.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ksecdd.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\clipsp.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Wdf01000.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WDFLDR.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\acpiex.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\WppRecorder.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WMILIB.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdBoot.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WindowsTrustedRT.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WindowsTrustedRTProxy.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pcw.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\msisadrv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pci.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vdrvroot.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\pdc.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\CEA.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\spaceport.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgr.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mountmgr.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\storahci.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\storport.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fileinfo.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Wof.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdFilter.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NTFS.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Fs_Rec.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\NETIO.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ksecpkg.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpip.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fwpkclnt.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\wfplwfs.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\volsnap.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mup.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hwpolicy.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\disk.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\CLASSPNP.SYS BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\filecrypt.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Null.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Beep.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\BasicDisplay.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\BasicRender.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Npfs.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Msfs.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tdx.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\netbt.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\afd.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwififlt.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pacer.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\netbios.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rdbss.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\csc.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\npsvctrig.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mssmbios.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\gpuenergydrv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dfsc.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ahcache.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\pneteth.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\compositebus.inf_amd64_912dfdedc3d2f520\CompositeBus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kdnic.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\umbus.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\HDAudBus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ucx01000.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\TeeDriverW8x64.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\usbehci.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\serial.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\serenum.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\wmiacpi.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\intelppm.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\acpipagr.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\NdisVirtualBus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\swenum.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdpbus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\usbhub.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\UsbHub3.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\IntcDAud.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HdAudio.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\hidusb.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mouhid.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mouclass.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\usbccgp.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kbdhid.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\kbdclass.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\fastfat.SYS BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wdiwifi.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifibus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\monitor.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\luafv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\storqosflt.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mslldp.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\lltdio.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\rspndr.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndisuio.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nwifi.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\HTTP.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WudfPf.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wdiwifi.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifibus.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bowser.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb20.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srvnet.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\mmcss.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\Ndu.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mrxsmb10.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv2.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\peauth.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\tcpipreg.sys BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\WdFilter.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\condrv.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifimp.sys BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\Drivers\WdNisDrv.sys[/quote]

Novercalis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use

1. SSD becomes unresponsive in 30 seconds once it becomes in Use - Similar Threads - SSD becomes unresponsive

2. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  5. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  6. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  7. AppHangB1 explorer.exe - PC/Mouse/Keyboard becomes unresponsive for 5-30 seconds;...

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppHangB1 explorer.exe - PC/Mouse/Keyboard becomes unresponsive for 5-30 seconds;...: I am having a very frustrating on-going problem with my computer. After running for several days, the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive for 5-30 seconds, the CPU fan will increase RPM, and I can see explorer.exe using more CPU than normal. This behavior will occur...
  8. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...