Windows 10: SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Discus and support SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I got home and I found out that my computer had been bsod-ing all day so I quickly went searching for solutions to my problems but to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Loiez, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Loiez Win User

SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Yesterday I got home and I found out that my computer had been bsod-ing all day so I quickly went searching for solutions to my problems but to no avail. I have nailed it down to this SSD(boot drive) I have where in any windows installation would crash as soon as the computer has started with the error: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntfs.sys. If I cannot get it fixed I would atleast like to know why it happened and how I can prevent it

Things I have tried:
    • SafeMode (crashes aswell)
    • Swapping ram around
    • Memtest (10 passes no errors)
    • Windows PE
    • Fresh install of windows on spare ssd
    • Ntfsfix on ubuntu (didn't realise the ssd was in EFI
    • Plugging the ssd into a different computer

I hope that someone can assist me in this case I have some project files on the ssd that I'd rather not have to start again.

:)

Loiez, Feb 2, 2017

2. BSOD's on 4 week old install of Win10

Just got a new BSOD this morning on bootup.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NTFS.SYS)

Aaronthooo, Feb 2, 2017
  3. EvansYee Win User
    Getting random BSODS and getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD while installing Windows 7.

Original Title: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Computer keeps getting this error after reinstalling windows 10 on new m.2 ssd. Computer gets into BSOD randomly. One moment i maybe playing games and it crashed. Other moments can be when i am just web browsing. Tried installing windows 7 and suddenly this
    BSOD appeared PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (FNETHYRAMAS.SYS).

Thanks in advance.

EvansYee, Feb 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Loiez *Smile

There are no BSOD events in the logfile that we can analyse. I guess your fresh install wiped them all.

Instead I have looked at your eventlog and can see times when you have received warnings that a disk is giving page faults:

Code: Event[503]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-02-02T12:25:18.147 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-7M4GI63 Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR4 during a paging operation.[/quote] This happened three times in succession.

Not much else to see at the moment. Have you tried running any disk tests on the SSD?

SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.

philc43, Feb 2, 2017
  5. Loiez Win User
    Sorry for the late reply but I was able to make windows bsod when I plugged the drive through an sata to usb connector, new log below

HDTune says there's is an unstable sector in C5 I put the log below, Error Scan Detected only 1 damaged block and the bench mark specs are here:
    • Minimum : 60.7mb/s
    • Maximum: 121.6mb/s
    • Average: 100.4mb/s
    • Access Time:15.7 ms
    • Burst Rate: 244.8mb/s
    • Cpu usage: 3.5%

Tell me if I can somehow recover any bit of data off my ssd or will I have to wipe it somehow?

Loiez, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Loiez Win User
    Never mind I was able to fix my ssd by putting it through ntfsfix in linux again

Loiez, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD Boot bsod ntfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area - Similar Threads - SSD Boot bsod

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and rtwlane601.sys: Holaaa, acabó de tener un problema con mi notebook. Tengo Windows 11 y a veces me da una pantallazo azul con el error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA y lo que falla es: rtwlane601.sys . La verdad no entiendo que es lo que falla y me agradecería mucho si me alguien me ayudara....
  4. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , What Failed: netwtw06. sys , ntoskrnl.exe PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA , What Failed: netwtw06. sys , ntoskrnl.exe PLEASE HELP: This is a personal build PC. just put it together about 2 weeks ago. sense the first day I have been receiving this blue screen. According to "Auslogics Driver Updator" all my drivers are updated. mobo Bios is up to date. I have tried to turn off the automatic paging file....
  5. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -- What failed: Netwtw06.sys: I've gotten this blue screen several times in the past two days. 1. I tried doing a Windows Memory Diagnosis -- it didn't find any issues. 2. I tried a startup recovery -- also didn't find any issues. 3. Tried checking the Device Management to see if anything needed to be...
  6. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  7. netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

netwtw06.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: I started getting the BSOD regularly every day after the recent windows automatic update. I am not sure how to correct this. I did notice that it would crash more frequently when using certain programs like accessing Asana online while using Zoom. Not sure what it is. Any...
  8. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  9. Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys)

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys): My laptop started to bluescreen recently w/ windows 10. It has this message: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (cpuz137_x32.sys) I have run a memory program, and it didn't find any errors in 1 pass, I am going to let it run over night and see if that helps. here are the .dmp...
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys): I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 ntfs.sys page fault in nonpaged area on boot