Windows 10: SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot

Discus and support SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this issue for months now.. I bought a new Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD last year and it worked for almost 6 months till i had an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonR188, Dec 11, 2016.

1. SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot

Hello,

I've had this issue for months now.. I bought a new Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD last year and it worked for almost 6 months till i had an issue with it just disappearing and i couldn't install anything on it.. so i replaced it thinking nothing of the issue once replaced.. now the problem is back but not as bad.. I bought this drive about a month or two ago and now it's just disappearing and programs began to not respond and also freezes my PC till i do a hard reboot ( press the restart button on the tower)

I'm not sure what to do anymore as I'm convinced this may be unrelated to my SSD or I'm just having very bad luck with these SSD's.. the old one i replaced i have tested on another PC and it works fine.. I've tried changing the cable along with the sata port and no difference here.. only made it work for about an hour or two till the issues reoccurred when i was playing a game and textures of the characters disappeared and i couldn't pause or exit the game.. and when my PC rebooted.. the SSD disappeared.. the only way i can get it to show up again is by resetting the bios to default settings.

plus I'm getting some artifacts on a program where the minimize and exit button are white boxes.. just tons of weird things going on..also I've been prompted to check the drive for errors and it's repaired itself a few times now and apparently is in good health from what Samsung Magician is telling me.. I'll list screenshots of the S.M.A.R.T. test here.. for both SSD Drives.My main OS SSD is a Samsung EVO 850 250gb and the 500gb is for my games.. any help would be highly appreciated.

:)

BrandonR188, Dec 11, 2016
  2. thesstral Win User

Windows 10 taskbar stops responding since recent update

I updated my computer on 9 May. Since then, I have had intermittent problems with the task bar freezing. Whichever Microsoft Office programs I have open at the time also stop responding (Word or Excel). When I close programs, the name disappears from the
    task bar, but an empty box with the program logo remains. A forces restart is the only thing that fixes it. It always says it is waiting for GDI+ to close, and I need to force it to.

thesstral, Dec 11, 2016
  3. What is InstallShield® Update Service Scheduler?

Yes the issue still persists, I even tried doing a clean install of windows but the file reappears again. The connection works properly most of the time, the problem starts after I force stop the program or if the program stops responding or if I delete
    the file.

PrathameshKeni, Dec 11, 2016
  4. SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot

issue was the power cable connected to SSD.. plugged it into a different one and problem is solved.

BrandonR188, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot

1. SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot - Similar Threads - SSD Disappears Programs

2. Windows crashes and SSD disappears until forced reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows crashes and SSD disappears until forced reboot: As of a few days ago I've been experiencing WHEA errors where my Windows crashes and the drive with windows disappears until I perform a forced reboot. To clarify, it boots into the BIOS where the SSD with Windows is not visible as a device at all, only my HDD which is just...
  3. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  4. 2nd SSD Disappears After System Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd SSD Disappears After System Reboot: Hello, Been awhile since I posted anything but have an interesting issue on my Dell Latitude E5440 laptop running Win10 Pro x64 (add'l system specs below/attached). I recently replaced the ODD with an HDD/SSD caddy and Kingston 480GB SSD to be used as a secondary data...
  5. Startup Programs Disappearing after a few reboots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Programs Disappearing after a few reboots: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1909, and I've got this problem for a long time now. There's a few programs (like OneDrive) that somehow gets removed from the startup list. I have to go to the settings of the program and check start with windows, but after a few restarts it...
  6. Program Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Not Responding: Need help.Program not responding nch software bluescreen occurs already done doing reinstalling software , update graphics card, install .net framework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-responding/3b5240cd-9dbf-4b45-8ee6-b3a94c592782
  7. pinned programs disappeared after rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    pinned programs disappeared after rebooting: After October update my programes that I pinned to the start menu have disappeared. I’ve noticed this issue after rebooting my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-programs-disappeared-after-rebooting/f16c40f5-19d7-421a-8c11-151b6fae5fd2
  8. Program not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program not responding: For about a week or so now we’ve had the same issue that many have had since the latest update. We applied the patch yesterday and all seemd well. For a brief moment. Today while working within our company program, we attempted to email a client. The program emails through...
  9. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467
  10. Program stops responding, have to restart PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program stops responding, have to restart PC: Hi guys I encountered a problem multiple times now on Win10. The issue is that sometimes a game will stop responding, the real problem is that by then i can not alt+tab. The window keeps overlapping everything else, so i have to restart my PC everytime it happens. Have...