Windows 10: SSD Dissapears after Sleep

Discus and support SSD Dissapears after Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I installed my new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD, it always disappeared from as a drive after I woke up my computer from sleep. This doesn't happen if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dreaden, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Dreaden Win User

SSD Dissapears after Sleep

After I installed my new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD, it always disappeared from as a drive after I woke up my computer from sleep. This doesn't happen if I restart the computer though, so it's tied to sleep somehow. Only way it appears other than restarting the comp is if I Rescan Disks from Disk Management. Doing that it just pops in instantly and has no issue until I put the computer to sleep again. My SATA driver is the most recent one from the ASUS motherboard page.

:)

Dreaden, Aug 23, 2016

2. Nokia 6303 : Question about sleep mode/clock/missed call icons?

You can disable Sleep Mode so that the standby clock will not dissapear.

Menu > Settings > Display > Sleep mode

Epstein---01, Aug 23, 2016
  3. zameb Win User
    Independent volume control for Ringer, Alarms, Key Press...

News!

After applying the WP 8.1 update, the separate volume controls dissapeared again. So, I have to remember to turn the volume up before going to sleep, which also means that any sms will also interrupt my dreams. I'll not wait for long. If this is not fixed,
    this phone is going to trash in a week

zameb, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Check that you have PCIE LSPM Off in your power Scheme , this is common with SSD's so I always turn it off now . It used to be in the Intel RST Software too if you use it ? haven't checked that lately.

SSD Dissapears after Sleep [​IMG]

KB

Kbird, Aug 23, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Now that you have an SSD, you probably don't need to use sleep as boot up should be pretty quick.

swarfega, Aug 23, 2016
  6. Dreaden Win User
    Thanks Kbird, ill do it and report back.

swarfega - yea boot up is quick. I have a M.2 ssd for OS, but sleep is still pretty much instant so I rather find a fix then just reboot each time. The SSD in question is just for games though.

Dreaden, Aug 24, 2016
  7. Dreaden Win User
    Kbird - PIE LSPM was off, so that's probably not it.

Dreaden, Aug 24, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Did you check the Performance Tab of the Intel RST Program too ?

You arent allowing HDD/SSD's to Sleep are you ? also in the Power Scheme at the very top. Perhaps the firmware on the SSD just isn't waking it properly from idle if so.

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD Dissapears after Sleep - Similar Threads - SSD Dissapears Sleep

2. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  3. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  4. Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows only in bios. Please, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows only in bios. Please, help: Yesterday I had to reset and reinstall Windows on my pc cause of some problems but keeping my archives, but after that, Windows just stop recognizing my SSD. It shows in BIOS, but nowere else. I had reinstalled many times before without this problem.After reading other...
  5. Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows only in bios. Please, help

Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows only in bios. Please, help: Yesterday I had to reset and reinstall Windows on my pc cause of some problems but keeping my archives, but after that, Windows just stop recognizing my SSD. It shows in BIOS, but nowere else. I had reinstalled many times before without this problem.After reading other...
  6. Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios: Yesterday I had to reset and reinstall Windows on my pc cause of some problems but keeping my archives, but after that, Windows just stop recognizing my SSD. It shows in BIOS, but nowere else. I had rebooted many times before without this problem.After reading other similar...
  7. Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios

Old SSD dissapeared after reinstall but shows in bios: Yesterday I had to reset and reinstall Windows on my pc cause of some problems but keeping my archives, but after that, Windows just stop recognizing my SSD. It shows in BIOS, but nowere else. I had rebooted many times before without this problem.After reading other similar...
  8. Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown: Hello After sleep or shutdown my SSD with the system on it disappears. Even in the bios i only see the secondary HD. Only after couple of resets it appears again in the bios and i moving it to be the first boot option. In device manager i don't have issues. I restored the...
  9. SSD: To sleep or not to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD: To sleep or not to sleep: Windows 10 pro (x64) Build 15063.483 (RS2), 2 internal ssd's, 2 internal hdd's, 16g ram, i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz Up until recently, for over a year I was having a miserable time dealing with random system freezes and not waking up from sleep (no signal, had to manually shut...
  10. Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade: Hi there folks, Just upgraded my XPS 15 9530 with a new 850 EVO 1TB mSATA, was previously using a PM830 64GB mSATA drive. The laptop now no longer wakes from hibernation or sleep mode, whether hybrid sleep is enabled or disabled. I do know that the new SSD uses DevSlp,...