Windows 10: SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

Discus and support SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenrySteinberg, Jul 30, 2018.

1. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

Hello!

I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it every time, but first time I inserted HDD, the computer booted up with no problems, but after a second restart, my computer is stuck on the HP loading screen when I turn on my computer.

Is it related to the system choosing the bigger drive? HDD is 500gb and SSD is 250gb.

I tried to change HP boot up, but I only found boot up queue which is just booting from drive and not from usb or any other port.

or is it related to the system trying to boot up different computer windows from the HDD and it would not work because the computer hardware is different from the old one?

I have important data in my HDD and I would not want to reset the drive and erase everything on it.

I found some other posts and I can not find alternate way to keep the drive.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/want-to-make-ssd-primary-boot-drive-and-move-hdd/36af89a7-bcae-47f2-b7ad-b5619f5df81b

Although some answers I am looking for is in the link, but I would like to ask my own question just to be sure.

computer is HP Probook 430 G4.

Please some advice.

:)

HenrySteinberg, Jul 30, 2018

2. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Jul 30, 2018
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Storage space is the same whatever the technology of the drive so a 500GB SSD can hold the same data as a 500GB HDD, its just about the technology of the storage mechanism

The 4th item (2GB DDR3) is not storage, it is volatile memory and is only active with the computer running.

Devices often quote smaller SSD primarily because of the price because as you say SSD are comparatively expensive but are available at 1TB and above.

When you have a small drive then you have to be more conservative about what you keep on the system, this is where SD cards and online storage comes in to expand what would otherwise be a very limiting factor.

Normal flash RAM chips require separate support ICs and controllers. eMMC have the complete storage device on a single chip. eMMC was not in the 1st instance formulated as PC drives but has proved viable for smaller devices (= embedded Multi-Media Controller)

HairyFool, Jul 30, 2018
  4. pjhinch Win User

SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

Hard drive is recognised as SSD drive in windows 10.

Original Title: HTS Hard drive (HDD) now recognized as an SSD drive upon upgrade to win 10

DID an upgrade of a new hdd ---HGST HTS725050A7E630 HDD --500gb 7200rpm---Hitachi? to windows 10.

Fresh install of win 7 on this acer laptop worked and defragged correctly...on install of win10..hard drive now recognized as a ssd ,so won't defrag etc. how to fix?

pjhinch, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

1. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not... - Similar Threads - SSD drive primary

2. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  3. Hard drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  4. Change primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change primary hard drive: So when i first built my pc i had a 250gb HDD. As you may tell, that isn't much so i bought and installed a 2tb HDD. I have many files on it now, and i have went to setting and put that i want new files to go to there, but still new files go to the 250gb hard drive. Is there...
  5. Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding SSD As New Boot/Primary Drive While HDD Is Used For Storage In Laptop.: How do I make an SSD NVMePCIe M.2 as your new boot drive while not getting rid of my HDD. I want to use my HDD for storage but do not want to format it or anything I want to keep it in my laptop and just have the important stuff like windows windows 10, steam, and a few other...
  6. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  7. want to make SSD primary boot drive and move HDD to storage.

want to make SSD primary boot drive and move HDD to storage.: I made the mistake of using AOMEI, to decrease the size of one partition, while increasing the size of the other. Simple enough. What I hadn't counted on was: this program, apparently, is at liberty to rearrange one's drive letters! Now, even though my partitions were...
  8. My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drives disappeared and storage decreased from 1tb to 500gb: I am using linux in my pc and i want to change my os to windows 10. I tried to install windows 10 through legacy which already consists linux & I installed successfully.BUT AFTER INSTALLATION MY STORAGE DRIVES ONLY SHOWING ONLY 500GB REMAINING STORAGE DISAPPEARED. And its not...
  9. SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive

SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive: I've researched high and low for a simple solution. I remember doing this on windows 7 with a registry hack back in the day, and it worked flawlessly. This is what I would like to do. I have a 500 gig SSD and a 1TB HDD. I would like all 600 gigs of user data to be on the HDD...
  10. Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/

Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/: I previously used windows xp and just went and bought a new hard drive and windows 10 usb. Im confused. I installed the hard drive along with my old master drive, using it as slave i presume. Will it auto partition the new hard drive 40591