Windows 10: SSD has a large recovery partitio and I want to remove it.

Discus and support SSD has a large recovery partitio and I want to remove it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I put in a SSD into my computer. When I made a copy of my system on to it for some reason it gave it a 213.99GB recovery partition which is half of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sonic222, Apr 9, 2016.

1. sonic222 Win User

SSD has a large recovery partitio and I want to remove it.

So I put in a SSD into my computer. When I made a copy of my system on to it for some reason it gave it a 213.99GB recovery partition which is half of the drive. I guess my question is can I delete it and put that space to use, since I have made a recovery image on an external hard drive?management.docx

:)

sonic222, Apr 9, 2016

2. I Have a Pc which I want to upgrade the SSd on. It originally was licensed for windows 7 pro. but upgraded to windows 10.

I My Pc running windows 10 free upgrade from windows 7 Pro. I want to change the SSD and do a reinstall of windows 10 from boot media.

Can I skip installing windows 7 pro and go straight to windows 10 using the windows 7 licence as the key for the free upgrade?

AndrewBrien, Apr 9, 2016
  3. I Have a Pc which I want to upgrade the SSd on. It originally was licensed for windows 7 pro. but upgraded to windows 10.

Yes, you can skip installing Windows 7 Professional.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Learn more:

How to Upgrade Again to Windows 10 If You Reinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Perform a Factory
    Reset

Andre Da Costa, Apr 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The recovery partition likely contains your Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE). I would shrink it to 500MB and then add the free space to C: Drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2016
  5. sonic222 Win User
    See the thing is that it doesn't give me the option to shrink the volume. Why would that be?

sonic222, Apr 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD has a large recovery partitio and I want to remove it. - Similar Threads - SSD has large

2. I want to add a ssd to my pc but it already has os on the ssd I'm installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add a ssd to my pc but it already has os on the ssd I'm installing: Is it fine for me to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-add-a-ssd-to-my-pc-but-it-already-has-os/5415b43f-666f-4619-a068-2649d951b538
  3. I want to add a ssd to my pc but it already has os on the ssd I'm installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add a ssd to my pc but it already has os on the ssd I'm installing: Is it fine for me to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-add-a-ssd-to-my-pc-but-it-already-has-os/5415b43f-666f-4619-a068-2649d951b538
  4. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD: Hi all,I need to replace my current C drive SSD too small with a larger SSD. Windows updates are resource pigs and I'm almost out of space. I've read several articles and it seems it either takes two or three simple steps using the free Macrium Clone function or the Windows...
  5. Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD: Hello,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new m.2 SSD and I noticed that my System Reserved and Recovery partitions were still present and active on my old boot SSD Disk 1. I wasn't able to delete them through Disk Management or through an elevated powershell,...
  6. I removed a large regedit folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I removed a large regedit folder: Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what can I do? (Also, I don't think I can turn it on in safe mode, cause the restart option does not work that well) submitted by...
  7. SSD large written question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD large written question: Looking for explanation if possible. Relatively new computer Febuary 2020 , 256Evo Pro ssd as OS only , 1TB Evo as programs and storage ,with a 4TB USB drive for backups and storage. Evo pro with 47GB of used yet samsung magician software shows 2 Tb written in such a short...
  8. Trojan I want to Remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan I want to Remove: When I look in Windows Security - It says "this threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future" how do I change it so that it finds the threat and removes it - I want to change the ALLOWED and have it remediated....
  9. Start menu has a window I want to remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu has a window I want to remove: I run Windows Enterprise and updated to the latest version earlier today. I opened the Start menu and found that the search function now has a large window next to it when used [ATTACH] I don't like this window, but I don't know how to remove it, or even if there's an option...
  10. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033