Windows 10: SSD issue

Discus and support SSD issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a strange issue since yesterday morning, I bought this samsung evo 850 500gb SSD brand new about a month ago and it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016.

1. SSD issue

Hello,

I've been having a strange issue since yesterday morning, I bought this samsung evo 850 500gb SSD brand new about a month ago and it's been working like a champ till yesterday.. i tried downloading Battlefield Hardline to it and the download just comes to an end within like the middle of the download and just gives me an error about the download failing and to put it on another drive or something.. so I am thinking the worst so i tried doing a smart test.. everything came back good.. i tried doing a performance test.. everything good.. health test.. everything is fine..

so what is the issue?.. today after a completely reinstall of Windows 10 Pro, I updated everything normally, hoping this would of fixed the issue and i went to download another game.. same issue.. this time same error.. really not for sure what to do from here.. also Origin will freeze along with my OS and i will have to force shut down in order to even get my pc to respond.. I'll attach a screenshot of the error i get via origin.

if my OS is having issues when this happens.. it's making me think that it's not my SSD that I'm running games on.. it might just be the other SSD that my OS is running on but I'm not for sure..

:)

BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Samsung SSD issue?

Install this update manually and see whether it provides relief or not.

You can go to Microsoft Catalog and search for this update and download and install

Microsoft Update Catalog

(If relief is not provided, uninstall & block all suspected updated corresponding to your problem start date)

E for Excel, Mar 2, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

SSD issue

Have you installed the Samsung Magician software? Go through each page of the software and test it out.

swarfega, Mar 2, 2016
  5. yes i sure do, It's what i used back when i first got the SSD and It's got the latest firmware and everything.. i did a performance benchmark and everything is coming back good.. and the health is good.. keep in mind that my main OS SSD isn't samsung.. my gaming SSD is the samsung drive. *Smile

BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    You can still use Magician to check your secondary SSD. Who makes your OS SSD?

swarfega, Mar 2, 2016
  7. ADATA is the manufacturer of my OS SSD.. I just did a smart check on my main OS SSD and it gave me the results.. it failed one thing.. I'm hoping this is the issue.. and not my samsung ssd.. I'm really hoping.. I'm going to upload the screenshot of it now.

BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

SSD issue

Open up your command prompt ADMIN then type this is chkdsk c: /f it should ask you to reboot to run.

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  9. I did that and it made no difference.. I'm really convinced it's my main OS SSD.

BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016
  10. I really don't know what else to do.. I've done the chkdsk method.. it claims to fix corrupted issues found but issue consist.. PC takes longer than usual to load now.. can't download any games.. really don't know where to go from here now.

BrandonR188, Mar 2, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Well then you may have to do a repair install of Windows 10. 1st make a image backup using Macrium Reflect, then read this tutorial. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    See if i have this right, this is not the entire game but an expansion pack for the game. F: Drive is the Samsung correct ? That tested well with SMART ? Definitely the ADATA is eventually going to go with that ECC Error rate. Origin is installed on F: drive along with Battlefield, because the Origin Cleint program needs to be on the same location or drive as the game is installed on. Seems had an issue with download of this expansion pack on i assume the Samsung. I have this game to.

jds63, Mar 3, 2016
  13. SSD issue

@jds63 nope.. you have it wrong.. it's a game.. it can be any game.. and it just freezes.. I tried reformatting.. I tried another hard drive with my OS on it.. nothing.. it has nothing to do with one game specific.. really don't know what to call this issue... once on another hard drive.. everything just stopped responding and I really don't get it.. I honestly don't.. some conflict somewhere.

@Oldmike
    did as you suggested.. it did anything but fix my pc.. it scanned it and said it couldn't repair it and told me to just shut off my pc.. any other suggestions?

BrandonR188, Mar 3, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    Picture in your first post showed

SSD issue [​IMG]

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Ba...minal_Activity
    Is an expansion pack for the game, i understand you are having issues with any game now.

Show us test of Samsung you said passed, only showed the ADATA. Besides downloading issues any games freeze on any drive. What drive again are games installed on or were ?

jds63, Mar 3, 2016
  15. @jds63
    I posted that image of the origin error because I thought it would of been needed to verify if it was a hard drive issue or not.. I posted the screenshot of the adata under the impression it was the culprit.. I will be attaching the screenshot of the Samsung evo 850 smart test now.

BrandonR188, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

SSD issue

1. SSD issue - Similar Threads - SSD issue

2. Ssd and computer issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd and computer issues: So I have recently had to reinstall windows which went a bit messy. After doing that my ssd wasn’t showing up as a boot option but still was detected in system and could install things on it and even have windows on it so I went looking on the internet on how to fix one said...
  3. Ssd and computer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd and computer issues: So I have recently had to reinstall windows which went a bit messy. After doing that my ssd wasn’t showing up as a boot option but still was detected in system and could install things on it and even have windows on it so I went looking on the internet on how to fix one said...
  4. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  5. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

[Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub: Hi Microsoft Team,I am currently experiencing issues with a cloned SSD on Windows and am seeking assistance from the community.Due to unsupported md format in here, I have detailed the specific problems and the steps I've taken so far in a Markdown document on my GitHub...
  6. [Need Help] Troubleshooting with Cloned SSD Issues on Windows - Detailed Info on GitHub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. ssd optimization issue TRIM

ssd optimization issue TRIM: I have 3 ssd's installed on my computer . . one of the drives cannot be optimised when the tools option is selected the ssd properties optimization not available does anyone know a fix?OS WINDOWS 11...
  8. ssd optimization issue TRIM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd optimization issue TRIM: I have 3 ssd's installed on my computer . . one of the drives cannot be optimised when the tools option is selected the ssd properties optimization not available does anyone know a fix?...
  9. SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Issue: Okay okay I'll get straight into the point. I recently bought this ssd from a local computer shop then when I tried to install windows on it, it's asking for the company info. I even formatted it about 5 times but it still asks for said info. I need to know how to solve this...
  10. SSD Issue

SSD Issue: Okay okay I'll get straight into the point. I recently bought this ssd from a local computer shop then when I tried to install windows on it, it's asking for the company info. I even formatted it about 5 times but it still asks for said info. I need to know how to solve this...