Windows 10: SSD not detected after crash

Discus and support SSD not detected after crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Just recently I had this weird issue. My PC crashed (with BSOD) and brought me to the BIOS for some reason. I saw then that my SSD dissapeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeltaUnit38, Jan 19, 2016.

1. SSD not detected after crash

Hello

Just recently I had this weird issue. My PC crashed (with BSOD) and brought me to the BIOS for some reason. I saw then that my SSD dissapeared from the boot menu. I shutdown my computer and restarted it and was able to boot back in, but a blipping white dash appeared on the left corner above my screen appears which normally shouldn't happen.

Regarding the BSOD, I am going to try to get a dump file from it but I have to check if I even have one since the dump thingy on Windows 10 has changed. I can't reach my computer yet for it so I'll post that up ASAP if necessary.

What I think about the problem is that either the SSD itself is starting to fail (Although HDTune & Intel Rapid Storage says good health) or some of my ports are starting to fail.

Now before I forget to mention, I did replace the SATA cable plus I put it into a different SATA port on the MB. It still gave me the blipping thing but that's pretty much it. The computer runs fine but I am still worried since this also happened last year in September. I thought a reinstall of Windows would've helped but it didn't.

:)

DeltaUnit38, Jan 19, 2016

2. windows 10 & windows 8 same time use

I want to buy a ssd and install new windows 10 on ssd. I want to keep my windows 8 on old hard drive and use it if my windows 10 or computer crashes. Could it be detected as a pirate copy by windows servers and cause losing my original licence code.

M.D. MAKSUT, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Your PC ran into a problem, Dell XPS 15 keeps crashing. (Update: FIXED)

It has crashed twice this morning, one time again while listening to Spotify and once while doing the Dell System Detect and Support assist, it said my CPU and SSD were fine but once it started checking my memory it crashed giving me this new error:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR(ks.sys)

DennisKessel, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

SSD not detected after crash

1. SSD not detected after crash - Similar Threads - SSD detected crash

2. SSD not Detected after Windows Crashed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not Detected after Windows Crashed.: Hello Everybody,I have a laptop : Asus ROG G751JT, It had 1. 700GB Hard Drive and a 180 GB SSD. My system was installed on the SSD.A few days ago, my Windows crashed. I don't remember the Error Code but I had to install Windows through USB. Since then my laptop became...
  3. SSD not Detected after Windows Crashed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not Detected after Windows Crashed.: Hello Everybody,I have a laptop : Asus ROG G751JT, It had 1. 700GB Hard Drive and a 180 GB SSD. My system was installed on the SSD.A few days ago, my Windows crashed. I don't remember the Error Code but I had to install Windows through USB. Since then my laptop became...
  4. SSD not Detected after Windows Crashed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ssd not detected by bios

Ssd not detected by bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  6. SSD detecting as an HDD

SSD detecting as an HDD: My SSD is detected as an HDD! I don't know why this is happening so suddenly. I left my laptop for around 40 minutes and once I came back and noticed that my laptop was being so slow for no reason. I clean up my memory using software thinking it was my ram that was causing...
  7. SSD not detected after a failed chkdsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not detected after a failed chkdsk: Hello,I’m using an SSD for my windows and recently I’ve had blue screen occasionally. In my attempt to find the problem, I ran chkdsk on my ssd. In the middle of running chkdsk, I got blue screen again and chkdsk failed. After restarting the system tried to run chkdsk again...
  8. BIOS Not Detecting SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS Not Detecting SSD: I bought a crucial mx500 1tb ssd in July. A month ago, my whole computer just froze and couldn't boot up so I reinstalled widows 10. Today, whenever I turn on my pc, it takes to directly to bios and doesn't show my ssd as a boot option. I'm positive that it isn't a cable...
  9. SSD not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD not detected: Hi, hope someone can offer me some advice. I tried all sorts of things. my initial problem was missing boot Devive install recovery disk After a water spillage. I have downloaded the recovery disk from lenovo But kept having trouble completing the installation....
  10. SSD Not Detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Not Detected: I am trying to upgrade a old Dell Laptop for a friend with a SSD. I have a WD Green 240 SSD. When I physically install the drive (there is a hard drive caddy that pulls out of the side of the laptop), the new SSD does not show up in the Bios as NO Physical Primary Drive is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod and then ssd is not detected for a time

2. ssd not detected when windows 10 crash