Windows 10: SSD not showing up on Windows 10

Discus and support SSD not showing up on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All! Just purchased a used Samsung Chronos 7 laptop and updated the OS from 8 to 10. Now the SSD disk doesn't show up anywhere and I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mirandakido, Dec 30, 2015.

1. SSD not showing up on Windows 10

Hi All!

Just purchased a used Samsung Chronos 7 laptop and updated the OS from 8 to 10. Now the SSD disk doesn't show up anywhere and I have no idea what's on it. I am not a tech savvy person and any help would be greatly appreciated!

The C drive is 1TB and the SSD would be 8GB.

Thank you!

:)

Mirandakido, Dec 30, 2015
  2. JonGrimes Win User

External SATA3 SSD to USB (512GB Crucial MX100 SSD) showing up as a Hard drive in Windows 10 Defragment and optimize drives?

When checking the Windows 10 Control Panel feature Defragment and Optimize your drives, my 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD installed

in a Nexstar (NST-266S3-SV) 2.5" SATA3 to USB 3.0 external HDD/SSD Enclosure shows up as a Hard disc drive (not as a solid state drive)?

I've tried uninstalling it, restarting Windows 10 with no change to the SSD showing up as a Hard disc drive in the Defragment and Optimize your drives feature. I've unplugged the enclosure and plugged it back in to the same as well as different USB ports
    with no change.

The 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD shows up everywhere it should, is easily accessed, runs at 450MB/s Read, 420MB/s Write as an external USB storage device (using numerous SSD Benchmarks), has the latest Crucial firmware and driver, shows up as healthy in SSD Storage
    Tools, etc.? My ASUS G751JY notebooks two internal drives (512GB OEM Samsung SM951 PCIe M.2 OS SSD & 1TB Samsung 850 Pro Storage

SSD) show up correctly in the Windows 10 Control Panel Defragment and Optimize your drives as Solid State drives. The ASUS G751JY

notebook has the latest ASUS AS211 BIOS and all the latest hardware drivers as well as Windows 10 updates?

Any and all suggestions appreciated, I'm stumped. The only good thing is that despite showing up as a Hard disc drive, everything runs & works perfectly using it as an external 512GB storage SSD.

JonGrimes, Dec 30, 2015
  3. LG_3110 Win User
    SSD not showing up in the Window Explorer

I have 2x1 TB SSD drives configured as RAID 1 (back-up) and a M.2 512 GB drive. I have loaded the Window 10 onto the M2 drive. However, when I open Window Explorer, I can only see the M.2 drive shown as c: drive, but I cannot find the 1TB SSD. What has happened?
    How can I store files onto the 1TB SSD if I cannot find the in Window Explorer? Thanks.

LG_3110, Dec 30, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

SSD not showing up on Windows 10

bobkn, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Yes that explains. Thank you! Well this laptop is 3 years old as well *Smile If it is used for cache, can I install a larger ssd in it?

Mirandakido, Dec 30, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    If I understand what Google finds for me, the 8GB ExpressCache SSD is soldered to the motherboard. Impractical to replace.

If you want a fully blown SSD, you may have to replace the spinner, unless there's a provision for a second HD. It's not particularly difficult. I imagine that it's a standard 2.5 inch notebook size; the only thing to be careful about would be its thickness.

bobkn, Dec 30, 2015
  7. It's a pretty thin laptop. Right now I'm fine with the 1TB.
    I had another issue with it though. I tried to install Coreldraw X7 and it showed successful installation. However, when I start it up, the window pops up with the message it unexpectedly quit and windows will let me know if the problem is resolved. What can cause this issue? I am running this software on windows 10 on a different laptop that is not as powerful as this one. Not sure what goes wrong.

Mirandakido, Dec 31, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

You may want to start a new thread for that. You'd probably get more meaningful responses.

I don't have CorelDraw. I use Photoshop CS6 occasionally, and so far it has been bug free.

A quick look at their homepage suggests that you may need Update 6 to be Windows 10 compatible. Got that?

bobkn, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Yes I got both updates but didn't resolve the issue. I've started a new thread as well. Thank you for your help! Happy new year!

Mirandakido, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD not showing up on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SSD showing

2. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  3. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...: Read toppic message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-a-brand-new-ssd-but-doesnt-show-up-for-me-to/834ff925-1d2b-4e35-b190-cdd5281b94fa
  4. Have a brand new ssd but doesnt show up for me to allocate,shows up in bios but not in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]: Hello,As the title suggests, I've been experiencing quite frequently everytime a blue screen happened, it always says DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After that, my laptop would boot up just fine, BUT my SSD wouldn't show up anywhere, and diskmanagement shows it has 2GB storage, I...
  6. SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]

SSD only shows up as only 2GB after DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen [Windows 11]: Hello,As the title suggests, I've been experiencing quite frequently everytime a blue screen happened, it always says DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After that, my laptop would boot up just fine, BUT my SSD wouldn't show up anywhere, and diskmanagement shows it has 2GB storage, I...
  7. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  8. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  9. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Bitlocker keeps showing up after the i've changed boot sequence to cloned SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker keeps showing up after the i've changed boot sequence to cloned SSD: I was cloning my HDD to my SSD. Now before cloning I disabled BitLocker and then clone the drive. After cloning was completed, I change the boot sequence to boot from HDD to the SSD. However bitlocker prompt kicked in asking my to enter the password. And I entered the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bad_pool_caller new samsung nvme m.2

2. ssd shows up in C: as hardware

3. external ssd not showing on computer windows 10

4. ssd not showing up windows 10