Windows 10: SSD Optimization help

Discus and support SSD Optimization help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have an ssd and I need to somehow make trim to work,as hard disk sentinel sees that it isn't at it's peak performance,but I have a problem I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alii98, Jul 7, 2018.

1. alii98 Win User

SSD Optimization help

Hi,I have an ssd and I need to somehow make trim to work,as hard disk sentinel sees that it isn't at it's peak performance,but I have a problem

I am unsure whether or not optimize drives app or whatever it is(which is windows's defragmentation app) will trim or defragmentate my ssd.

So,will it trim or defragmentate my ssd?

:)

alii98, Jul 7, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Win 10 SSD "Needs Optimizing" How is this handled in Win 10?

Here are some results from the search I suggested:

The ultimate guide to proper SSD management

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

HTG Explains: Should You Use an SSD Optimization Utility?

The benefits of a web search are:

• much more information than you can get from a community forum
    • all the details you can handle
    • many points of view
    • illustrations and videos
    • the opportunity to contact the poster
    And its faster too.

BulldogXX, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Clint Win User
    Optimize SSD

Since I've installed a SSD, When I run Optimize it says never run-needs optimization. It will never run on it. Any suggestions?

SSD Optimization help [​IMG]

Clint, Jul 7, 2018
  4. SSD Optimization help

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

SSD Optimization help

1. SSD Optimization help - Similar Threads - SSD Optimization help

2. ssd optimization issue TRIM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd optimization issue TRIM: I have 3 ssd's installed on my computer . . one of the drives cannot be optimised when the tools option is selected the ssd properties optimization not available does anyone know a fix?...
  3. SSD Optimization Not Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Optimization Not Available: I cannot seem to get a straight answer to this question anywhere I search.My external SSD suddenly started running very slowly. It's a Samsung EVO 860 500GB. Windows 11 plenty of RAM etc. Power Options = High Performance Plan=====I open Optimize Drives and it says:• C Drive...
  4. SSD Optimization Not Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Optimization Not Available: I cannot seem to get a straight answer to this question anywhere I search.My external SSD suddenly started running very slowly. It's a Samsung EVO 860 500GB. Windows 11 plenty of RAM etc. Power Options = High Performance Plan=====I open Optimize Drives and it says:• C Drive...
  5. optimize ssd or not

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    optimize ssd or not: Hi, I'm reading all kind of things about obtimizing my ssd or not using Windows "Defragment and Optimize Drives". Apparently there is or was a bug with Windows wrongly degramenting the ssd. What should I do now ? Keep "Scheduled optimization" turned off for my ssds ? Or...
  6. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I know this has been beaten to death. The answer seems to depend upon the person answering. I cannot figure out whether I should turn windows on or off and if on, for what frequency a month or a week. Thee is a lot of Google gossip that all SSDs should not be optimized then...
  7. SSD Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD Optimization: I've recently had to install the 1903 Feature Update. I had delayed this by changing settings to indicate I was on a metered connection and Microsoft gave me the option to update. Eventually they must have lost patience and I no longer had the option. Previous Feature updates...
  8. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I don't know anything about the SSD in my machine. I have Windows optimizer set for monthly as I thought we should do. Please correct me if I am wrong. Then I read the following and wonder if all this is necessary for the average user to treat the SSD properly? Things You...
  9. SSD optimize and defrag

SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  10. Optimize SSD

Optimize SSD: Since I've installed a SSD, When I run Optimize it says never run-needs optimization. It will never run on it. Any suggestions? [img] 66691