Windows 10: ssd problem installing

Discus and support ssd problem installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey everyone when i put this pc together i've built it with a m.2 950pro, install win10 from a usb, system is awesome. problem, i wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OGPimp, Mar 19, 2017.

1. OGPimp Win User

ssd problem installing

hey everyone

when i put this pc together i've built it with a m.2 950pro, install win10 from a usb, system is awesome.

problem, i wanted to install the crucial for games, i know the m.2 shares pci-exp, but i've tried all the sata ports and new cables while using onboard video (pain in the neck getting to the cable with the 1070) am i missing anything else or did the crucial die ? (heard they had problems that once powered down they wouldn't start ? the crucial is from old system that was also running the win10 upgrade

asus z170a
    i7-6700k @ stock + H60
    g.skill aegis 2x16gb 2400mhz
    evga 1070 ftw
    m.2 950 pro

Thoughts ?

:)

OGPimp, Mar 19, 2017

2. problem with SSD installation

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_TOSHIBA&Prod_Q300\4&12816b4b&0&010000 could not be migrated

NelsonSeow79, Mar 19, 2017
  3. problem with SSD installation

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What exactly do you mean by SSD installation?

2. What are you trying to migrate?

From the information provided, we are unable to analyze what exactly the issue is. Do get back to us with more information for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 19, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

ssd problem installing

It`s only supposed to take out sata port 1, test the other ports with another drive, not the crucial.

Poke around in the Bios too. See if it shows what`s going on.

AddRAM, Mar 19, 2017
  5. OGPimp Win User
    i'm going to remove the m.2 reset the bios and try the crucial, no access to spare parts.*Sad

OGPimp, Mar 19, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    No storage drives, Ouch *cry

I`m considering getting a 960 Evo, but a lot of reviewers have said that it dies after a month or so, and they get hot. But I`m sure there are also plenty of people who haven`t had any problems with it.

So I think I`ll put that on the back burner for awhile. But I don`t quite understand why an M.2 would get any hotter then a SSD. Maybe the placement on the motherboard has something to do with it *Huh

Access Denied

AddRAM, Mar 19, 2017
  7. OGPimp Win User
    storage is external, 4x3TB seagate for now, once i know what's going on i'll reevaluate

OGPimp, Mar 19, 2017
  8. OGPimp Win User

ssd problem installing

i've taken out the 950pro, reinstalled only the crucial M500 and tested all sata ports with new cables, won't be completely satisfied until i test it with a new or working ssd

OGPimp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ssd problem installing

1. ssd problem installing - Similar Threads - ssd problem installing

2. Problem installing used ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem installing used ssd: Is it possible to install a used SSD from my laptop into my new desktop because I tried and tried but still getting an error stating that it's possible has write protection on it and another error said there a conflict with I/O..I tried diskpart but the SSD doesn't show up...
  3. Problem installing used ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing used ssd: Is it possible to install a used SSD from my laptop into my new desktop because I tried and tried but still getting an error stating that it's possible has write protection on it and another error said there a conflict with I/O..I tried diskpart but the SSD doesn't show up...
  4. Win 7 installing SSD problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 installing SSD problem: As the subject said,my win 7 pc can't detect my newly installed Samsung 970 Evo plus SSD.I'm using MSI B365M Pro-VH board and its Bios can detect the SSD.I can't even see the SSD in Disk Management.I've tried many methods but none of them works :...
  5. There was a problem installing windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem installing windows on ssd: Hello, colleagues! Yesterday I installed win on my pc where I also have hdd with windows, but when installing when i had to format the partitions on ssd to put the system clean, the boot partition and system reserved with win on hdd were accidentally deleted. Do you have any...
  6. There was a problem installing windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem installing windows on ssd: Hello, colleagues! Yesterday I installed win on my pc where I also have hdd with windows, but when installing when i had to format the partitions on ssd to put the system clean, the boot partition and system reserved with win on hdd were accidentally deleted. Do you have any...
  7. There was a problem installing windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Installing windows to SSD problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows to SSD problem: I have a laptop with only hdd installed to it. It was very slow so i decided to install an ssd. I cloned the entire hdd to ssd and then shut down. After that i went to bios and change boot drive to ssd. Then, it bluescreened. Now i cant boot my laptop at all unless the ssd is...
  9. Problem with an Installation on new ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with an Installation on new ssd: The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen. The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB I used a re installation USB for Windows 10 I got on Amazon (Please don't judge me, I've had bad luck downloading installation...
  10. Installation problems on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation problems on SSD: Hi there, I hope you guys can help me with a little problem I encountered while installing. I got a new Computer (new mb, a ssd, new cpu etc) and after assembling it I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the SSD via a bootable USB drive. Only the SSD, the dvd drive and the usb...