Windows 10: SSD Problem

Discus and support SSD Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello I was running windows 8.1 with a Samsung 840 EVO ssd. The drive is less than a year old and I was having no problems till yesterday. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarker, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Jarker Win User

SSD Problem

hello

I was running windows 8.1 with a Samsung 840 EVO ssd. The drive is less than a year old and I was having no problems till yesterday. The computer froze then had to be restarted, thought it was a game issue. it happened again and it would not reboot. I could only get into safemode after it went to the recovery screen. I did a chkdsk but it would get stuck at 12% after an hour and reboot itself to the recovery screen.

I did a full format and installed windows 10 pro (AHCI enabled). It loads into windows fine after install, but it won't restart after shutdown or a restart. It just goes into the same loop. only once did I see the "*Sad inaccessible boot drive" screen.
    After installing windows I did a chkdsk /scan and it came back with no errors.

I installed windows 10 on an old drive, it seemed like it was fine. it rebooted fine after the first attempt. But i'm back to the same problem. So it might not be the ssd

Thank you for any help.

:)

Jarker, Nov 18, 2015
  2. IrvS Win User

Windows 10 Pro (x64), Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

I see you have an SSD. Did you use Paragon's Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 to clone the SSD?

If so, that is the problem. Known problem to Paragon. All that have stated they used it have the same problem/error it seems.

3. PatricR Win User
    windows

I have the same problem. If you have a SSD Drive, then it is possible you might have the same problem. I tracked it down to my SSD Hard drive. For some reason it 'hic-ups'. It is possibly a indicator of a pending SSD failure.

PatricR, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

SSD Problem

Try changing the SATA cable, it may be faulty. Also try changing the SATA power with another available. Try connecting to a different SATA port. Use a Linux live CD or Hiren's Boot CD to check your disks.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Jarker Win User
    Thank you for the reply. I had switched Sata cabled and even tried differnt sata ports. Same problem. I switched in an old graphics card and it worked fine. So i'm thinking it is something with the graphics card or drivers.

Jarker, Nov 18, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Could be overheating. Try blowing dust away. You may also remove the fan or heatsink, clear the old used thermal paste and apply new. It will make a huge difference.

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  7. Jarker Win User
    I thought that maybe it was heat, but it's not shutting down like a normal overheat. It just tries to load windows, can't then tries again till it goes to the recovery screen. I checked heat levels a couple weeks ago and they were fine. With the old graphics card working i'm going to buy a new one. Good excuse to get the wife to let me get a nice one lol. I'll also monitor the heat levels closely and see how it goes.

Thank you again for the help.

Jarker, Nov 19, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

SSD Problem

Bake it in the oven to have an even better excuse to buy a new one (just kidding).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD Problem

1. SSD Problem - Similar Threads - SSD Problem

2. Slower PC: Possible SSD or HDD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slower PC: Possible SSD or HDD problem: Two weeks ago more or less i started noticing that PC was slower, while playing games, which is mostly what i do since its a gaming setup. I started to get slower, laggy and sometimes freezes. To a point where it completely freezed windows functions, the bar wasnt working and...
  3. Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two months ago I cloned my HDD to a new SSD on my laptop and now i have a problem with the...: Recently I try to reset the laptop but I can't because there was a problem with the cloned ssd. So I call Microsoft and the person who "help" me told me to erase the system partition that I had it. Can the partition be created now without having to reset the laptop with the...
  4. HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS: I have a HP S700 128 GB SSD. On one computer it is recognized as a hard drive and I can view files normally. On the other computer it is recognized as an USB storage device and you cannot see or access the files. What is the issue here?...
  5. Problem with moving Forza Horizon 4 to an SSD.

Problem with moving Forza Horizon 4 to an SSD.: Hi, recently I've bought an SSD. I installed Windows 10 on it. but I still have my old HDD (D: and E: now). And before that I had Forza installed on E: drive (previously D:), and now to even play it, I have to download it again, and with my internet it will take a damn...
  6. Problem with an Installation on new ssd

Problem with an Installation on new ssd: The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen. The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB I used a re installation USB for Windows 10 I got on Amazon (Please don't judge me, I've had bad luck downloading installation...
  7. Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...: So, yes, I am a newby here, and know just enough to be dangerous... So please flame me gently! I have an HP laptop with 128gb SSD and 1tb hdd. OS lives on the SSD, which is too small. So I am trying to upgrade the SSD to 1tb. I cloned the existing SSD to my new 1tb SSD via...
  8. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  9. SSD space problems updating windows 10

SSD space problems updating windows 10: Problems Updating Windows 10v1803 System · Asus ASUS TP200 Notebook PC · 2GB RAM, 64 bit · 28.8 SSD (nominal 30 GB) · Windows 10 Home · 32 GB mini SD card Problem updating to 10v1803: When I try to update, the system hangs...
  10. Problem while booting from new SSD in Lenovo laptop.

Problem while booting from new SSD in Lenovo laptop.: So I installed a new WD green SSD in my laptop and cloned windows 10 on it from old hard drive. I installed SSD in Disk drive portion. Now when I try to boot from my SSD/HDD in legacy, it shows error 'Media test failure.Check cable.'But when I boot it from Windows boot...