Windows 10: SSD Problem

Discus and support SSD Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello I was running windows 8.1 with a Samsung 840 EVO ssd. The drive is less than a year old and I was having no problems till yesterday. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarker, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Jarker Win User

SSD Problem

hello

I was running windows 8.1 with a Samsung 840 EVO ssd. The drive is less than a year old and I was having no problems till yesterday. The computer froze then had to be restarted, thought it was a game issue. it happened again and it would not reboot. I could only get into safemode after it went to the recovery screen. I did a chkdsk but it would get stuck at 12% after an hour and reboot itself to the recovery screen.

I did a full format and installed windows 10 pro (AHCI enabled). It loads into windows fine after install, but it won't restart after shutdown or a restart. It just goes into the same loop. only once did I see the "*Sad inaccessible boot drive" screen.
    After installing windows I did a chkdsk /scan and it came back with no errors.

I installed windows 10 on an old drive, it seemed like it was fine. it rebooted fine after the first attempt. But i'm back to the same problem. So it might not be the ssd

Thank you for any help.

:)

Jarker, Nov 18, 2015
  2. IrvS Win User

Windows 10 Pro (x64), Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

I see you have an SSD. Did you use Paragon's Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 to clone the SSD?

If so, that is the problem. Known problem to Paragon. All that have stated they used it have the same problem/error it seems.

3. PatricR Win User
    windows

I have the same problem. If you have a SSD Drive, then it is possible you might have the same problem. I tracked it down to my SSD Hard drive. For some reason it 'hic-ups'. It is possibly a indicator of a pending SSD failure.

PatricR, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

SSD Problem

Try changing the SATA cable, it may be faulty. Also try changing the SATA power with another available. Try connecting to a different SATA port. Use a Linux live CD or Hiren's Boot CD to check your disks.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Jarker Win User
    Thank you for the reply. I had switched Sata cabled and even tried differnt sata ports. Same problem. I switched in an old graphics card and it worked fine. So i'm thinking it is something with the graphics card or drivers.

Jarker, Nov 18, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Could be overheating. Try blowing dust away. You may also remove the fan or heatsink, clear the old used thermal paste and apply new. It will make a huge difference.

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  7. Jarker Win User
    I thought that maybe it was heat, but it's not shutting down like a normal overheat. It just tries to load windows, can't then tries again till it goes to the recovery screen. I checked heat levels a couple weeks ago and they were fine. With the old graphics card working i'm going to buy a new one. Good excuse to get the wife to let me get a nice one lol. I'll also monitor the heat levels closely and see how it goes.

Thank you again for the help.

Jarker, Nov 19, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

SSD Problem

Bake it in the oven to have an even better excuse to buy a new one (just kidding).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SSD Problem

1. SSD Problem - Similar Threads - SSD Problem

2. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  3. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  4. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  5. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  6. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

7. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  8. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  9. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

10. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....