Windows 10: SSD Problem?

Discus and support SSD Problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! Its been a while since I last visited. And you guys helped me a lot last time, here I am again, seeking for your helps. :) Givens: I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lars0x00, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Lars0x00 Win User

SSD Problem?

Hi there! Its been a while since I last visited. And you guys helped me a lot last time, here I am again, seeking for your helps. SSD Problem? :)

Givens:
    I have a Laptop that, Acer Aspire E14 E5-473G-304W
    Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB (I want to use this on the laptop)

Laptop Specs:
    Processor : Intel Core i3-5005U Processor (3M Cache, 2.00GHz)
    Graphics : 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 920M DDR3 VRAM
    Operating System : Windows 10 (Pro 1803 17134.228)
    Display : 14-inch HD 1366 x 768 resolution Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT LCD Display
    Memory : 4GB DDR3L (Currently 8GB, I added another 4GB RAM)
    Storage : 1TB SATA HDD
    Optical Drive : 8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive
    Battery : 4-Cell Battery

Scenario:
    Today, an hour before I posted this. I tried to swap my HDD to SSD, all things going smoothly unti I tried to bootup (press power) and the laptop won't turn on. Double Checked the SSD and other hardwares. Still no luck.

Right after that, I tried to bring back the HDD and it works fine, booted up on windows. Then I tried again placing the SSD, yet no power or doesn't turn on.

I tried to change into SSD and power it on while the charger is plugged. Still no luck. I don't know, I am running out of ideas. It fits perfectly, both SSD and HDD.

PS: I am a noob when it comes to deep knowledge about hardwares. Please enlighten me, or all of what I am doing is just a waste.

Thank you TenForums! SSD Problem? :)

:)

Lars0x00, Aug 18, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD Problem? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 18, 2018
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD Problem?

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

SSD Problem?

1. SSD Problem? - Similar Threads - SSD Problem

2. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  3. Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in Installing SSD in my MSI Laptop: I have a MSI GL65 Leopard 9SCSK laptop, i recently brought SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD, it shows 2 SSD slots in BIOS under PCIE information but when i opened my laptop in the motherboard 2 SSD slots are visible but only 1 of the two which was supporting GEN 3 SSD have the option to...
  4. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  5. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  6. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

7. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  8. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  9. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

10. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....