Windows 10: SSD randomly disappears

Discus and support SSD randomly disappears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I checked my Kingston SSD in 5 programs, and each shows the conditions is good and all tests ends with good results. Unfortunately sometimes when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maciej3223, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SSD randomly disappears

Hi,

I checked my Kingston SSD in 5 programs, and each shows the conditions is good and all tests ends with good results. Unfortunately sometimes when I turn on computer, I see in "My Computer" only letter (label) with question mark, no name of the drive. It looks like this (it's ):

SSD randomly disappears 6d5da0f5-7b11-4ee0-b309-14f3d03f9b12?upload=true.png

But after I reset computer, everything is ok. I have this situation like every 8-9 Windows starts... Only reset helps. Is this software problem or SSD is in end of life?

:)

Maciej3223, Jul 6, 2018
  2. dgpretzel Win User

Disappearing SSD Syndrome

Thank you for the information. I have built a new system, and am struggling with a disappearing SSD.

Q: Do you have any suggestions for dealing with a disappearing SSD that is an M.2 device. That is, it doesn't have separate SATA data and power connection-- just the motherboard slot. I have a Plextor M6e SSD plugged in to the M.2 slot on an ASUS Z97 Deluxe 3.1 MB.

Thank you for any comments.

Regards,

DG

dgpretzel, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Hello! So similarly to other people I have the same problem, I did try what @simrick suggested, this is what it looks like.

SSD randomly disappears [​IMG]

Access denied is a very alarming word---

mayonakavampire, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Superfly Win User

SSD randomly disappears

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Good

That should not be happening but it's a different issue...that may be fixed running sfc /scannow. I suspect corrupted files there.

Superfly, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

SSD randomly disappears

1. SSD randomly disappears - Similar Threads - SSD randomly disappears

2. SSD Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Disappeared: Thought i'd set up some history first.When i bought my 870 QVO SSD i tried plugging it into my machine as per normal and register it just like the others. Easy right?Well it didn't show up..Well to be more specific it didnt show up CORRECTLY.It kept displaying as some LCD...
  3. SSD Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Disappeared: Thought i'd set up some history first.When i bought my 870 QVO SSD i tried plugging it into my machine as per normal and register it just like the others. Easy right?Well it didn't show up..Well to be more specific it didnt show up CORRECTLY.It kept displaying as some LCD...
  4. SSD Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Disappearing: Hello, I recently installed a TEAMGROUP M.2 SSD. I'm able to get it working through various solutions. However, once I turn my computer off, then back on, it's gone again. When I go into Device Manager and turn on show hidden devices, the SSD is there. There is also a Code 45...
  6. SSD Disappearing

SSD Disappearing: Hello, I recently installed a TEAMGROUP M.2 SSD. I'm able to get it working through various solutions. However, once I turn my computer off, then back on, it's gone again. When I go into Device Manager and turn on show hidden devices, the SSD is there. There is also a Code 45...
  7. SSD Randomly disappears after certain restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Randomly disappears after certain restarts: Hello,Recently I've bought a new laptop and replaced my old one. I took out the old laptop's M.2 NVME SSD out and inserted it as a secondary NVME on my new laptop.At first everything seemed alright, but after a couple of restarts it started disappearing from File Explorer and...
  8. SSD Randomly disappears after certain restarts

SSD Randomly disappears after certain restarts: Hello,Recently I've bought a new laptop and replaced my old one. I took out the old laptop's M.2 NVME SSD out and inserted it as a secondary NVME on my new laptop.At first everything seemed alright, but after a couple of restarts it started disappearing from File Explorer and...
  9. SSD space disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD space disappeared: Hey all, Looking at a friends laptop for them and they have no space left on their hard drive. It’s a HP with a 64Gb SSD and they recently taken it to Curries to have their screen replaced. When they got it back all the space has been used up. Before it went it was about...
  10. SSD disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD disappeared: [ATTACH] Hi, My SSD KINGSTON SA400S37960G apparently is not working properly. It is a seconday one, and was ok, configured on B unit. But, (probably after an windows update) the unit disappeared, the disk itself is still visible on disk manager, but with no option for...