Windows 10: SSD read write concern

Discus and support SSD read write concern in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 512gb ssd from Samsung. I sometimes record with FBX game recorder. But then the recordings dont meet my standards and i delete the files. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by osly, Aug 8, 2018.

1. osly Win User

SSD read write concern

I have a 512gb ssd from Samsung.
    I sometimes record with FBX game recorder.
    But then the recordings dont meet my standards and i delete the files.
    Does this do read writes to my ssd? Will this damage my ssd? the files are a bit big, like 500mb-2gb sometimes.

:)

osly, Aug 8, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Reads consistently lower than writes? OCZ Vertex

Chipset limitations, system configurations, overall use all contribute to these things. Your SSD looks normal and Read bandwith is barely off of write. Nothing to be concerned about. My SSD is very close to yours.

erocker, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    SSD Read/Write speed question!

Hi guys, I just installed a New SSD into my dads computer and I want to know if the speeds are good or not?

Im sorta new when it comes to SSD's so im not sure if ive missed anything.

Ive set all BIOS options to AHCI and ive run ATTO Benchmark to see the read/write score, to me i think its a little slow? as the website says it can do 560read and 535 write? Ive changed Sata cables and that made no difference in speed running sata 3 or sata 2 cables.

Anyway the SSD is a 128GB Corsair GS on a AM3 870A-UD3 motherboard.

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Aug 8, 2018
  4. doorules Win User

SSD read write concern

Optimisation with new SSD

You don't need to have any concern over the writes to an ssd these days. I would not be doing any of the steps you have taken. Just install the ssd, put OS on it and that's it, good to go.

doorules, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

SSD read write concern

1. SSD read write concern - Similar Threads - SSD read write

2. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  3. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% usage on SSD with no read or write: One day I shut down my PC and the next morning my drive was at 100% usage and every time I tried to open the drive on the file explorer it freezes up and restarts. I tried formatting the drive but was unable to since it was "in use". I've tried all I can to resolve the issue...
  4. 100% usage on SSD with no read or write

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ssd 100% activity, but no reads/writes system freezes: So i've had a problem where my ssd reaches 100% activity, but 0 reads/writes.I dismissed it for a while, because i thought that my ssd was dying. I bought a new ssd in july, and i noticed that the issues were percisting. Windows was freshly installed, so there couldn't be...
  6. understanding reading and writing on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    understanding reading and writing on SSD: Good day. I was wondering if someone could answer the following. Whenever I copy from my C partition on an SSD and paste into a different storage device (HDD, USB flash drive, RAMdisk), am I reading and / or writing on the original SSD? More generally, what actions constitute...
  7. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  8. Question About SSD Read & Write Speeds Within The Same System

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About SSD Read & Write Speeds Within The Same System: I am doing an upgrade on my laptop, increasing the RAM to 32GB and installing a 1 TB SSD and a 2 TB SSD. Both are Samsung 860 EVO 2.5 SATA III. I'm trying to figure out which one I should use as my OS Drive. The main purpose of the laptop will be for music production and...
  9. Read and write speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. New External SSD, Low Read/Write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New External SSD, Low Read/Write: Okay so, I just got a brand new Samsung 860 EVO SSD today. I decided to go with an external setup as it requires less hassle, and while I don't expect the fastest performance in doing so, I am getting absolutely ABYSMAL speeds. Not even half of the Seq Read/Write of my 4 year...