Windows 10: SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

Discus and support SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hopquang95, Sep 24, 2015.

1. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

Hi guys, i'm using win 10 pro x64 on a samsung evo 850 120gb ssd. My samsung magician just can't recognize the OS, anyone knows how to fix? Thank you and sorry for my bad grammar! *Tongue

SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode [​IMG]

:)

hopquang95, Sep 24, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT 'probably caused by SamsungRapidDiskFltr.sys'

Hi Ban, are you running a Samsung SSD & Samsung Magician 4.4, with RAPID mode turned on.

If so Updating the Samsung Magician software should get rid of the BSOD's according to the Samsung forum . . .

DaveM121, Sep 24, 2015
  3. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Just used Samsung Magician to make sure that the firmware for my SSD was up to date and it says it is.

You're concluding that my Samsung 850 Evo 120GB is defective then?

EradicTurtle, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

Nope - Unless you really need a deep queue service, it's snake oil anyways. You can following an ongoing conversation here: Samsung Magician

Word Man, Sep 24, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    I have a 850 Pro. Rapid mode is not available for W10 yet. I'm still waiting too.

JohnC, Sep 24, 2015
  6. ok I get it, I just ask to know if that was a problem because I don't need that rapid mode anyway *Smile, thank you!

hopquang95, Sep 25, 2015
  7. Word Man Win User
    By the way - Welcome to TenForums!*Smile

Word Man, Sep 25, 2015
  8. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode

Actually if you really want it for Win 10 you have to use the previous version. I have it enabled but really don't see any difference with it on or off. Version 4.5

stealth2920, Sep 25, 2015
  9. Yes, I'm looking forward for further help (and improve my english too *Biggrin)

hopquang95, Sep 25, 2015
  10. Thank you, but I think that rapid mode may do harm to ssd or sth like that (not really harm but I mean no good *chuckle), and it's no need for normal use

hopquang95, Sep 25, 2015
  11. Then don't turn it on.

stealth2920, Sep 25, 2015
  12. fredc Win User
    I researched it to death and i think it does no harm , seems to me it's all about the inflated benchmarks but for day to day usage i'm convinced it does absolutely nothing lol.

Fortunately for Samsung though , a TON of people really fall for those benchmark numbers and like to show off to others which i will never understand.

If it's not increasing performance in real life which is NOTICEABLE when compared to not using it why even bother , seems like a big scam to me and i have an 850 Pro .

After switching out a much slower SSD that gets much poorer benchmark #'s than the Samsung, i was very surprised to see that in real world computing , you can't tell a difference at all .

I was expecting the Samsung to definitely have an edge in speed and overall performance but i saw none of it , benchmarks are superior on the Samsung but real life performance is the same .

fredc, Sep 25, 2015
  13. Snakeyes Win User

Keep in mind, the benchmarks on Samsung magician run at a queue depth of 32. Unless you're using it on the server or extremely heavy file intensive video editing, normal users including gamers will be hard-pressed to exceed a queue depth of four.

Snakeyes, Sep 25, 2015
  14. Agree (y), the only thing I care about is performance and I am satisfied now *Biggrin

hopquang95, Sep 25, 2015
  15. fredc Win User
    A little too technical for me to understand but i'm guessing it means under the vast majority of typical computing conditions you won't notice a performance gain .

fredc, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

1. SSD Samsung Evo 850 & Samsung Magician RAPID mode - Similar Threads - SSD Samsung Evo

2. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  3. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem: Hi! I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 256GB and I recently started noticing very slow write speeds. I installed the latest version of Samsung Magician 7.2.1 and ran a Performance Benchmark on the drive it was taking over 2 hours, so I canceled the test. After this, I enabled "Full...
  4. RAPID Mode on Samsung SSD 850 EVO problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  6. Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Locked Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Hello! If this has been answered before, please point me to the appropriate thread. Last night we were checking old hardware in our Service Department long abandoned from our customers (more than 8 months). Among them there was a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD 2.5" SATA. I...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  8. Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?: Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI, So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not. So listen. Windows 10 get somehow...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...