Windows 10: SSD Setup

Discus and support SSD Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got my Samsung Pro 256 installed and all software loader OK. Not seeing a lot of difference over HDD yet,In Samsung Magician its says to use AHCI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zplugger, Feb 3, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

SSD Setup

Got my Samsung Pro 256 installed and all software loader OK. Not seeing a lot of difference over HDD yet,In Samsung Magician its says to use AHCI mode,if I set bios to that it will not boot.Is this a must for top performance? Can't get rapid mode set either. Is this Benchmark Bad?

SSD Setup [​IMG]

SSD Setup [​IMG]

:)

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Hybrid SSD/HDD setup

I have a similar setup 128GB SSD 1TB HD.

I have Windows and applications on the SSD in C:

I migrated my user profile from c: to D:

I even have a small E: partition on the SSD that I use for some of my high use documents.

Works just fine for me. (well one minor issue, but irrelevant)

Please describe your concerns in more detail. What is a disaster for you?

Rohn007, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Hybrid SSD/HDD setup

im currently restoring my laptop to Factory. It has a 250MB SSD + 1TB HDD. Previously the setup didnt really go well. And the mix of C:/ & D:/ was a disaster. Esp with Documents, Music, Photos, etc., shortcuts in Windows Explorer.

What should i do?

im reading about partitions... but thats not the way the Mfr set it up...???

Thank you.

Preston33154, Feb 3, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User
  5. zplugger Win User
    Can't figure out safe mode in bcdedit?

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Easiest way to get into safe mode is Win+R key to open run dialog. type msconfig. Select the boot tab. Click the safe mode check box. Restart the computer.

To get out of safe mode do the same process in safe mode, but uncheck the safe mode check box.

They made safe mode a real PITA in Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2016
  7. zplugger Win User
    Ok getting there now, Got AHCI mode is on.

SSD Setup [​IMG]

no rapid mode

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  8. zplugger Win User

SSD Setup

SSD Setup [​IMG]

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  9. Word Man Win User
    The benchmark you posted initially looks the same as for 850 EVO in my Wife's SATA2 limited Acer laptop. Would expect same in your case - unless you have a SATA3 controller to attach it to.

Word Man, Feb 3, 2016
  10. zplugger Win User
    Maybe this is the best I can do with my system? So I could add a 3.0 controller card?

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  11. Word Man Win User
    Some people believe RAPID Mode benefits them, it wll depend specifically on how you use it - I perceive no benefit to my SATA3 laptop nor do I perceive any on wife's SATA2 laptop.

Which version of Samsun Magician are you running - I thought latest, 4.9.5, would allow Rapid Mode for the PRO line now (IF you want to try RAPID Mode.

I would think there is possibility of adding a SATA3 controller, your system being a desktop - but my desktop is like 11 years old *Redface so I would let someone else give you a more specific answer on that.

Word Man, Feb 3, 2016
  12. zplugger Win User
    SSD Setup [​IMG]

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

SSD Setup

Not even close to the latest version:
    Samsung SSD Downloads | Samsung SSD

4.9.5 is the latest version.

You could add another PRO 850 and run them both in RAID0 mode *cake

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2016
  14. zplugger Win User
    My board should do 3.0

SSD Setup [​IMG]

zplugger, Feb 3, 2016
  15. Word Man Win User
    How so? SATA3 is 6 Gb/s.

Word Man, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

SSD Setup

1. SSD Setup - Similar Threads - SSD Setup

2. Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...: I had set up Dynamic HDD without knowing what it was in the past and now I have the need to Install windows, the setup is something like this https://i.imgur.com/bnwThjd.png The forum is not accepting my images for some reasonI reinstalled windows and none of the drives...
  3. Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...: I had set up Dynamic HDD without knowing what it was in the past and now I have the need to Install windows, the setup is something like this https://i.imgur.com/bnwThjd.png The forum is not accepting my images for some reasonI reinstalled windows and none of the drives...
  4. How do I get windows setup to see my SSD 980 pro? Which used to be from a ps5.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get windows setup to see my SSD 980 pro? Which used to be from a ps5.: So my ssd m.2 shows up in BIOS as Samsung SSD 980 pro 1t this was originally from a ps5 and when I try to install windows off a disk with a product key the SSD does not show up in the drives. I do not have any other drives to use so, How do I fix this?...
  5. How do I get windows setup to see my SSD 980 pro? Which used to be from a ps5.

How do I get windows setup to see my SSD 980 pro? Which used to be from a ps5.: So my ssd m.2 shows up in BIOS as Samsung SSD 980 pro 1t this was originally from a ps5 and when I try to install windows off a disk with a product key the SSD does not show up in the drives. I do not have any other drives to use so, How do I fix this?...
  6. How do I get windows setup to see my SSD 980 pro? Which used to be from a ps5.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How can I stop BSOD on Windows Setup after Fresh Install onto SSD from USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop BSOD on Windows Setup after Fresh Install onto SSD from USB.: I followed this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html in order to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home onto my SSD from my hard drive.Now I am experiencing BSOD when attempting to set up Windows. Specifically during the pin setup, Cortana...
  8. How can I stop BSOD on Windows Setup after Fresh Install onto SSD from USB.

How can I stop BSOD on Windows Setup after Fresh Install onto SSD from USB.: I followed this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html in order to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home onto my SSD from my hard drive.Now I am experiencing BSOD when attempting to set up Windows. Specifically during the pin setup, Cortana...
  9. How can I stop BSOD on Windows Setup after Fresh Install onto SSD from USB.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during setup of Windows on SSD from USB: I followed this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html in order to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home onto my SSD from my hard drive.Now I am experiencing BSOD when attempting to set up Windows. Specifically during the pin setup, Cortana...