Windows 10: SSD suddenly stopped working.

Discus and support SSD suddenly stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, one day I started my laptop and the SSD in it (MZ-7PC256D) suddenly stopped working. What options do I have to get it working, or atleast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lolcocks, Aug 13, 2016.

1. lolcocks Win User

SSD suddenly stopped working.

Hi, one day I started my laptop and the SSD in it (MZ-7PC256D) suddenly stopped working.

What options do I have to get it working, or atleast recover the data in it.

I tried putting it in another laptop or checking in BIOS, it's simply not getting detected.

EDIT:
    The SSD gets super hot when I connect it to the laptop and start it.

:)

lolcocks, Aug 13, 2016
  2. X7007 Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight - Strange behavior after Fall Creators Update

Same issue for me ! it was working till now.

I used to make images and clone my SSD to check some settings, needed to activate windows again. and suddenly it stopped working. I can't remember when it stopped working.

What is the fix ???

X7007, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Palmar1 Win User
    Windows 10 Spotlight - Strange behavior after Fall Creators Update

...not found yet...

Palmar1, Aug 13, 2016
  4. meebers Win User

Not to be harsh, but when you get it working again thru what ever means you might have to do, make an image on a flash drive or what ever you choose and then, if the SSD has failed completely, install a new one and use the image to bring you back to the time of your last backup.

meebers, Aug 13, 2016
  5. lolcocks Win User
    Okay I will do that but no luck in opening it so far.

I can open SSDs without damaging it right? Unlike normal HDDs.

lolcocks, Aug 14, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    You can but there's nothing you can do with it.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD suddenly stopped working. - Similar Threads - SSD suddenly stopped

2. SSD stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD stopped working: So I just got a new SSD today and it came already set up so it wasn't unallocated. I wanted it to be my main storage device so I would see it when I checked my storage settings. Then I tried making a pool with the SSD I got today with another one I had. When i did that the...
  3. SSD stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD stopped working: So I just got a new SSD today and it came already set up so it wasn't unallocated. I wanted it to be my main storage device so I would see it when I checked my storage settings. Then I tried making a pool with the SSD I got today with another one I had. When i did that the...
  4. SSD stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Suddenly Stopped Working: So, I got onto my computer one day and tried accessing my external SSD because I keep files and I download my games on it. But it wasn't there. So I did some research and checked disk management and its not initialized and its unlocated. No matter what I do I cant fix it. I...
  6. SSD Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Suddenly Stopped Working: So, I got onto my computer one day and tried accessing my external SSD because I keep files and I download my games on it. But it wasn't there. So I did some research and checked disk management and its not initialized and its unlocated. No matter what I do I cant fix it. I...
  7. Cloned SSD suddenly stopped being bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned SSD suddenly stopped being bootable: I'm trying to wrangle an 8 year old pc into a decently-usable state. Sequence of events: 1. Cloned Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from HDD to SSD. 2. Bios was being weird about letting me into the boot options, so eventually I try disconnecting the HDD. 3. Success! SSD boots into...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: Hey, I have been using bluetooth for a long time and then yesterday suddenly, it stopped working. I now can't see the option to turn on/off the bluetooth. I even no longer can see it in the device manager so I don't know how to unistall the drivers, and even when I do...
  9. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.: Dell 5587 Windows 1909 Bluetooth stopped working like 2 hours ago, right after I updated my Nvidia drivers (tinynvidiaupdatechecker) Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager, Troubleshooter says my device is not Bluetooth capable (WHAT?), no switch in "Devices" Tried...
  10. Spacebar stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacebar stopped working suddenly: Hey, the space bar key stopped working. I tried the usual sticky key and restarting or uninstalling the driver. I don't know if its related but theres a UNITED KINGDOM KEYBOARD on the keyboard list bottom right but it doesn't show in the keyboard language preferences...