Windows 10: SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application

Discus and support SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My ssd disk usage spike %100 usage for a time frequently in case of I don't do anything. I am looking task manager while spike happening that nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bursin, Jul 16, 2018.

1. bursin Win User

SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application

My ssd disk usage spike %100 usage for a time frequently in case of I don't do anything. I am looking task manager while spike happening that nothing any app use the disk. Using latest 1803 update. Drivers are updated.

:)

bursin, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 16, 2018
  3. How to solve 100 % disk usage in windows 10 after fall update?

Hi Manikanteswara,

Usually, a virus could be the main cause of 100% disk usage. The first step in rectifying the problem is to check your disk usages. You need to open the Task Manager and take a look at your disk usages to identify the programs or applications that are causing
    your hard disk 100% usage. Here's how:

• Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select the best match.
    • In the Processes tab, look at the disk process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.

Kindly send a screenshot, so I can take a closer look.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Jul 16, 2018
  4. SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application

1. SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application - Similar Threads - SSD Usage %100

2. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  3. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  4. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  5. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  6. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

7. GPU usage 100% in any game or application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage 100% in any game or application: Six months after the purchase laptop showed itself perfectly, but a week ago problem with the discrete began. By launching any game or application, the GPU loads under 100%. Here, I launch GTA San Andreas 2005 and after 5 minutes the discrete jumps under 100%. Moreover, it's...
  8. GPU usage 100% in any game or application

GPU usage 100% in any game or application: Six months after the purchase laptop showed itself perfectly, but a week ago problem with the discrete began. By launching any game or application, the GPU loads under 100%. Here, I launch GTA San Andreas 2005 and after 5 minutes the discrete jumps under 100%. Moreover, it's...
  9. 100% ssd usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% ssd usage: when i start windows i have to wait almost 5 minuted to do anything every program that i open in these 5 minutes is unresponsive, i looked everywhere for a solution but i couldn't find any, all the ones that i found like disabling superfetch didnt work for me, has anyone...
  10. SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Usage %100 while i dont touch any application: My ssd disk usage spike %100 usage for a time frequently in case of I don't do anything. I am looking task manager while spike happening that nothing any app use the disk. Using latest 1803 update. Drivers are updated. 114164