Windows 10: Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?

Discus and support Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Currently have an MSI GT80 laptop and really getting annoyed with all the slow connections, drops etc with this suite (i'm sure its the culprit as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Titan, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Titan Win User

Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?

Currently have an MSI GT80 laptop and really getting annoyed with all the slow connections, drops etc with this suite (i'm sure its the culprit as reading other reviews posts etc) and wondering how i can go about getting rid of the suite and installing a standard driver from Atheros qualcom for my Killer e2200 Ethernet adapter and Killer Wireless 1525 Network adapter please?

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

:)

Titan, Dec 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 - 99% RAM usage and inability to shut down

Hi Edwin PJ,

If you have Killer Network, please refer to my reply dated 20 August 2016 which mentions Killer Network. If you have an MSI motherboard you might want to try updating the Killer Network Drivers before you disable Killer Network. I have not updated my driver
    because I disabled Killer Network and I have not experienced any further problems since then.

SidneySnell, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Morasder Win User
    No internet (Killer E2200) after update Windows 10

Already tried that while following the Killer Networking guide I mentioned in my original post. But figured I would try so again, using the Driver Only this time.

First of all, this Killer stuff is hard to get rid off. Following the guides of Killer Networking themselves, I closed all Killer related processesses and services in the Task manager and removed all killer related apps in the Apps and Features (Killer Drivers
    / Killer Performance Driver Suite / The Killer Performance Suite removed).

Because one of the apps was giving trouble uninstalling, following another Killer Networking guide, I removed everything with the Killer Removal Tool. This did not help. Then used the Windows tool to remove blocking apps to remove everything Killer related
    (including Killer Network Manager). After that there were no more Killer apps in the Apps and Features, and the Windows tool did not list any more Killer processes. Somehow though, Killer Control Center survived this onslaught and is sitting there mockingly
    on my desktop and starting automatically every time I restart. I cannot get it away.

Anyway, since the drivers were gone, I installed the driver only version, restarted the computer, but still can't access the network.

I am baffled by how much trouble this is causing, and also by how many guides Killer Networking has to deal or bypass with their products, and it still does not work.

Morasder, Dec 14, 2015
  4. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Titan Win User
    Titan, Dec 14, 2015
  6. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome,

The chip is atheros which was bought by qualcomm.

Killer is just using that chip.

It looks like both drivers are in the download,

Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite? [​IMG]

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite? - Similar Threads - Stand alone driver

2. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  3. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  4. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  5. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  6. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  7. Sysinternal Suite Installed in Documents folder - Know they are stand-alones - Can I access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sysinternal Suite Installed in Documents folder - Know they are stand-alones - Can I access...: I selected the parameters of this post as 'APPS ON WINDOWS 10' - 'OTHER APPS' although I recognize this suite is NOT from the MS Store. At some point I must have installed the Sysinternal Suite on my PC - but there was no Short-cut on my desktop so, I forgot about it until...
  8. H.264 stand alone DVR

H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  9. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  10. Killer Performance Suite Issue

Killer Performance Suite Issue: Hi guys, I have some issues regarding the latest Killer Performance Suite. Yesterday i wanted to install the latest driver from Killer Networking - Driver Downloads. The version was 1.1.56.1572. I first tried to uninstall the current driver i am using, but what was...