Windows 10: STandard Account

Discus and support STandard Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RalphCooper1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. STandard Account

Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account

:)

RalphCooper1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 13, 2018
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2018
  4. STandard Account

Use Microsoft Account as a standard account with limited rights

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

You can change a Microsoft Account to a Standard Account. I suggest you to follow the below steps to change an Account to a Standard account.

Note: You need to be a Administrator account to make any changes on the computer. So make sure you have an Administrator account on the computer other than a Standard Account.

1. Type User Accounts in Search to open User Accounts.2. Click on the account you want to change.

3. Click on Change your Account Type and change it to Standard Account.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

STandard Account

1. STandard Account - Similar Threads - STandard Account

2. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  3. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  4. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  5. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  6. GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.

GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.: Hi All, We a have an application in our environment. it's been used by few users in different machines. The application needs administrator privileges to run. Temporarily I have created a service account and added it to the local administrator group. As the service account...
  7. GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to Run a specific application in the domin as administrator for a standard user account.: Hi All, We a have an application in our environment. it's been used by few users in different machines. The application needs administrator privileges to run. Temporarily I have created a service account and added it to the local administrator group. As the service account...
  8. Windows accounts - advice using admin + standard user on W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows accounts - advice using admin + standard user on W11: I have always used two accounts for personal computers using Windows since XP days, an admin account plus a standard user account and I always advise friends and family to do the same. I am very disappointed that computer manufacturers do not even suggest this for new...
  9. Windows accounts - advice using admin + standard user on W11

Windows accounts - advice using admin + standard user on W11: I have always used two accounts for personal computers using Windows since XP days, an admin account plus a standard user account and I always advise friends and family to do the same. I am very disappointed that computer manufacturers do not even suggest this for new...
  10. I disabled User Profile Services on my standard user account, from the task manager start...

I disabled User Profile Services on my standard user account, from the task manager start...: Oh boy I’m running windows 10 I attempted system recovery from my bootable win 10 usb drive however I only have 2.4 GB of free space so I can’t complete a restore. Please tell me I can get this service reenabled from the cmd from my bootable windows usb???...