Windows 10: standard user account and drive formatting

Discus and support standard user account and drive formatting in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Pro is there a way to prevent a user without administrator privileges using a standard account from being able to format a usb drive?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by now john, Jan 2, 2016.

1. now john Win User

standard user account and drive formatting

In Windows 10 Pro is there a way to prevent a user without administrator privileges using a standard account from being able to format a usb drive?

"Perform volume maintenance tasks" is set for Administrators (Group Policy), which must be the default, but that does not stop formatting.

Thank you.

:)

now john, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

1 user, 2 account (as standard user and administrator, with suspicious symbol ¥ )

If you are having to check that then, to avoid accidentally introducing any regional keyboard confusion, check the settings explained in my 2nd June 2017 post in

Change keyboard region back to the intended one, prevent accidental
    keyboard changes

I am not suggesting that this would explain the problem but using that methodical procedure might help avoid confusing the issue by allowing an inconsistency to slip through unobserved while you are trying to fix things.

{I am adding that linked post as a Wiki article next month so do let me know if you have any comments about the procedure or its explanation.}

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Xealian Win User
    1 user, 2 account (as standard user and administrator, with suspicious symbol ¥ )

I just found out something, maybe it is because of my system locale because it is set in Japanese. Just maybe

Xealian, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

standard user account and drive formatting

1. standard user account and drive formatting - Similar Threads - standard user account

2. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  3. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...: Hi, I created an extra user and made it an administrator and the old one a standard user. I am trying to login to the administrator account it said i should enter my Microsoft password i am pressing the password and it is not showing. i pressed it even though it didn't show...
  4. how to delete an administrator account from a standard user account and turn a standard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Administer / Standard User Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administer / Standard User Accounts: I want to set up my Microsoft Account with both an Administrator account for making changes and a Standard User account for everyday use. However, I only have one email address. How can I do this? Or must I run as an administrator all the time?...
  6. Family linked user account - Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family linked user account - Standard: I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc...
  7. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  8. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  9. Unlock Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive in Standard user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlock Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive in Standard user account: I have encrypted my fixed drive(non-OS drive) using manage-bde (with autounlock enabled) from Admin User account. After encryption is complete, then i switch user account to standard user account. But my fixed drive is still locked. Can you suggest why this is happening and...
  10. Standard Local user Account issue

Standard Local user Account issue: Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue. When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional...