Windows 10: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

The layout.

The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off allowing to write with your fingertip in the handwriting panel for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Handwriting Panel

Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on ) or uncheck (off - default) Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip under the "Handwriting" section on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\EmbeddedInkControl

EnableInkingWithTouch DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on), or step 3 (off) below for which font you want.

2. To Turn On Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_write_with_fingertip_in_handwriting_panel.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_write_with_fingertip_in_handwriting_panel.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. omidsolo Win User
    Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink
    Handwriting Input Panel
    How to turn off :: Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip - via Registry only?

omidsolo, Oct 26, 2019
  4. omidsolo Win User

Disable Handwriting Input Panel - Win 10 x64 1709

Howdy,
    It's a long time I am looking for a registry address but I cannot find it.
    Please help me find the corresponding registry address.

Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink
    Handwriting Input Panel
    Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

How to turn it off via registry ONLY?

These are not working:

;According to the above tutorial on forum
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace]
    "AllowWindowsInkWorkspace"=dword:00000000

;I don't remember where I found, different? Both useless!
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace]
    "PenWorkspaceButtonDesiredVisibility"=dword:00000000

Please advise.
    Thanks.

omidsolo, Oct 26, 2019
  5. AnaCamps Win User
    Writing notes on Windows 10touch screen with my fingers

Hi danielmorosi ,

My name is Ana. I am an Independent Advisor. Thanks for contacting our support.

Below you can see the instructions:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/100907-turn...

How to Use Windows Ink With a Touchscreen on Windows 10

Let me know if it helped

Regards

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AnaCamps, Oct 26, 2019
  6. windows 10 writing input panel

the handwriting input panel doesn't seem to recognize numbers and there is no option to input numbers from that panel without picking standard keyboard. I have tried to personalize my handwriting so that it would recognize my handwriting better but it
    still doesn't acknowledge any number that i try to write. Any suggestions?

staceyboudoin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Write

2. Handwriting panel stopped transferring what I write.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting panel stopped transferring what I write.: Hi, I bought a new laptop three days ago. It has a touch screen and it came with a pen. The device that I use is Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3 11IAN8. It was my first time using a pen with a touch screen too. When I first tested the tablet mode on this device, I wrote with the pen on...
  3. Handwriting panel stopped transferring what I write.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting panel stopped transferring what I write.: Hi, I bought a new laptop three days ago. It has a touch screen and it came with a pen. The device that I use is Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3 11IAN8. It was my first time using a pen with a touch screen too. When I first tested the tablet mode on this device, I wrote with the pen on...
  4. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  5. Handwriting Panel Lost?

Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  6. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  7. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  8. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  9. Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip: Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink Handwriting Input Panel How to turn off :: Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip - via Registry only? 97751
  10. Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Embedded Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, users get to...