Windows 10: Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement

Discus and support Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Even though Microsoft is bringing a Start menu back to Windows with Windows 10, Stardock Corp. is still planning on offering users an alternative.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 24, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement

Source

labeeman, Feb 24, 2015
  2. Vladimir Win User

Although I think that the current Start Menu (9926) may be enhanced a lot, I really don't intent to use any third-party solution with Windows 10.

*Ditto

:)

Vladimir, Feb 24, 2015
  3. where is the search box in windows 10?

Steve

You are not alone. I have turned "cortana" off because it insists on searching "bing" when I want it to search locally, and the built in search is slow and tedious. There are some good 3rd party alternatives to choose from (google it)

The keys to get to "advanced" are Win key and "X" (or you can right click the start )

IMHO searching in win 10 is poor at best. I am using a 3rd party search instead.

6 Awesome Alternatives to Windows Search

Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement | ZDNet

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 24, 2015
  4. Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement

Want the Search Bar in Windows 10 not Contana

I would suggest you have a look at Start menu replacements, something like Classic Shell (free) or Stardock's Start10 ($5).

Classic Shell

Start10 by Stardock

Alan Russell, Feb 24, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Umm... looks suspiciously like classic shell.... ummm....

not free and it's beta. need a subscription to Stardock Desktop.

f14tomcat, Feb 24, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    I'm going to stay with the Windows 10 start menu.

Winuser, Feb 24, 2015
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    It will most likely cost $5 US dollars (as the current version does) which can be installed I think like 20 times, before you buy another key. Depending on what Windows 10 turns out being, it may be nice to have, it is always nice to have alternatives. I use it with all my Windows 8 machines, and works great. For me it was well worth the money.

What would be sweet, is if it could allow you switch between the original (Windows 8 style) start screen, and it's windows 7 style menu.

Stardock also has great customer support.

Trust_No1, Feb 24, 2015
  8. sgage Win User

My favorite of all the start menu replacers for Win8.x is 'StartIsBack'. It cost me $3.00. I prefer it to Start 8 or Classic Shell - just seems more integrated somehow. Highly configurable, and easy to turn on and off.

I believe there's a beta version out for Win10, but I'm sticking with the stock menu for now...

sgage, Feb 24, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .don't need no stinking third party start menu. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

10. Edwin New Member
    - Microsoft releases Windows 8

•users scream "Start Screen!? What the hell is that!?"

- Microsoft says "Oops, here's your Start Menu back"

• users scream "Hey, where's my Start Screen!?"

- Microsoft sighs, "Okay, here's the best of both worlds"

• users scream "Well that sucks, where's my Charms Bar!?

- Microsoft gives up!

Edwin, Feb 24, 2015
  11. Hi

For the first time since Windows 7 came out i'm not using a 3rd party app to access my start menu.
    While I'd still like to have the fly-out windows of Windows XP I can live with the native start setup in Windows 10.

I do use Rocket Dock and have for many years which takes care of 90% of my day to day links.
    Anyone who hasn't tried it should at least give it a go.

It's free and works great.
    Everything you need is one click away.

Download RocketDock - RocketDock.com

Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Feb 24, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks Mike.. I'm trying that out right now. *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 24, 2015
  13. Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement

Unless the right-hand strip from the Win 7 start menu can be added to the Win 10 menu, the Stardock / Windows 7 start menu looks quite different functionally and appearance-wise to the current Windows 10 start menu. If one particularly works for a person, I can see them being not easily satisfied with the other.

Delicieuxz, Feb 24, 2015
  14. I use Start8 on Win8 and have since it came out. When Win10 TP came out, they had a new start menu that I liked. But now that they've made it "metro", I'm going to try out the Start10 beta to see if I like that better.

Mark Phelps, Feb 24, 2015
  15. Give the people what they want or they stay with what they have *Wink
    Microsoft has already seen those results from 8 and at this rate it will repeat in 10.

ThrashZone, Feb 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Stardock to deliver a Windows 10 Start menu replacement - Similar Threads - Stardock deliver Start

2. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  6. Is there a Windows 10 Start Menu replacement that has tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Windows 10 Start Menu replacement that has tiles?: Basically, work computer has a new pinned tile group that I cannot edit, messing with how I had grouped everything before. Along with this change, now the start menu will decide seemingly at random which of my custom tile groups will show up at all. It's a tossup now whether...
  7. Stardock WindowBlinds

Stardock WindowBlinds: Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. . 115000
  8. Stardock

Stardock: Want to add a bit of pizzazz to your desktop ? Just received a email from Stardock about WindowsFX http://www.stardock.com/products/win...ign=WFX_030116 42611
  9. Desktop replaced by start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop replaced by start menu: Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the...
  10. Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu Will Replace Start Screen in Threshold: Not an option, but rather a new thing Paul Thurrott To date, our understanding of the new Start menu that's coming in "Threshold," the next major Windows release that may or may not be called Windows 9 when it ships next year, is that it would augment the existing Start...