Windows 10: Start and cortana not working after factory resets

Discus and support Start and cortana not working after factory resets in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Smartab with Windows 10. At first I was having problems with the microphone and Cortana not being able to hear me. So I reset the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chefstephie, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Start and cortana not working after factory resets

I have a Smartab with Windows 10. At first I was having problems with the microphone and Cortana not being able to hear me. So I reset the entire thing. Now when I try to push on the start I just get the loading blue ring and nothing after that. When I try to type in cortana, nothing happens. I can't get into settings or control panel at all. I've tried every scan I could do in powershell, and ran every command I could, It says it fine, and it's still not working.

:)

chefstephie, Jul 22, 2018
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Start and cortana not working after factory resets

Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Start and cortana not working after factory resets

1. Start and cortana not working after factory resets - Similar Threads - Start cortana working

2. Windows not working after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not working after factory resetting: I factory reset my computer and it won't let me sign in to the profile. It says User Profile can not be loaded. If I run windows in Safe mode, it takes forever to sign in then white screens. I'm not sure what happened or what to do to fix/if it's fixable....
  3. Windows not working after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not working after factory resetting: I factory reset my computer and it won't let me sign in to the profile. It says User Profile can not be loaded. If I run windows in Safe mode, it takes forever to sign in then white screens. I'm not sure what happened or what to do to fix/if it's fixable....
  4. Windows not working after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Taskbar not working after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not working after factory reset: I was having issues with my computer. When I turn it on I have to wait 30 minutes for it to fully boot up, it runs very slow, and freezes a lot. I did a factory reset but I choose to keep my files. The reset took all night and it froze at 82% for an hour and at one point said...
  6. Taskbar not working after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not working after factory reset: I was having issues with my computer. When I turn it on I have to wait 30 minutes for it to fully boot up, it runs very slow, and freezes a lot. I did a factory reset but I choose to keep my files. The reset took all night and it froze at 82% for an hour and at one point said...
  7. Taskbar not working after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC not starting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not starting after factory reset: Hey, I recently got a new PC and noticed a significant drop in performance from the first night I got it all put together, and the next morning that I got on it, and after talking with some friends they said before anything try factory resetting it since I don't have a lot of...
  9. Factory reset not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset not working?: Hello, its been about 2 years since I've done a factory reset and my computer was running slow so i thought it was time. I went into the advanced restart, troubleshooting I went through with my full reset on all my drives but when it gets to 3% it goes back to the advanced...
  10. After Windows 10 Reset, Start Menu, Cortana, Settings not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Windows 10 Reset, Start Menu, Cortana, Settings not working: After resetting my Surface Pro 4, it's essentially non-functional. I can't bring up the Start Menu. I can't type anything in the Search Bar. Cortana doesn't work. If I do a Win+R ms-settings:, I get "Package could not be registered.". Edge does not open. I've done the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartab stw1050 support

2. smartab mic problems

3. windows smartab stw1050 drivers

4. smartab stw1050,
  5. smarttab stw1050 download,
  6. cortana not working after reset,
  7. what style smartab is this one