Windows 10: start and taskbar icons were removed after update

Discus and support start and taskbar icons were removed after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had my new HP Windows 10 for 2 months. Without asking, it was just updated, and took a couple of hours. When it was completed, all my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jane, Dec 17, 2015.

1. jane Win User

start and taskbar icons were removed after update

I've had my new HP Windows 10 for 2 months. Without asking, it was just updated, and took a couple of hours. When it was completed, all my taskbar icons were removed, I can't access the start button, can't open up "ask me anything" button, and probably other things. What to do? Can they be found somewhere? Setting up these icons took some time, not too happy about this. Please let me know what can be done, as easily as possible *Mad - and how to prevent this happening again

:)

2. mwood72 Win User

Taskbar Icons Too Small

I did find a way to get my bigger taskbar and taskbar icons back as they were under Win8.1 but it involved using a 3rd party program which I'm guessing it's not ok to mention here so all I can really say is it came about when MS 1st removed the Start button
    in Windows 8.0 and has been recently updated to a Win10 version.

mwood72, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Safely remove hardware icon

Michael Gall,

I am having the same problem as Cynthia after updating Windows 10 this morning. The Safely Remove Hardware Icon does not appear on the taskbar or in Hidden Icons space. It was on the taskbar before today's update. How do I get it back?

Richard in Alexandria, Dec 17, 2015
  4. start and taskbar icons were removed after update

I had a similar incident happen to me I had win 10 working perfectly, and here came this BIG update.It took awhile to install,
    so I just waited on it. When it was finished and computer restarted my computer was ruined. I tried everything I
    knew to get it going again. Finally out of desperation I gave up, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows 7, it
    works beautifully with win 7, so why update to 10.. NOT ME.

KY COLONEL, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

start and taskbar icons were removed after update

1. start and taskbar icons were removed after update - Similar Threads - start taskbar icons

2. After last installed MS update KB5025221 - all taskbar icons were cleared bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    After last installed MS update KB5025221 - all taskbar icons were cleared bug?: Hi,after last installed MS update KB5025221 Katalóg služby Microsoft Update- all taskbar icons were cleared then must be added back manualy.- taskbar time isn´t showed....
  3. After last installed MS update KB5025221 - all taskbar icons were cleared bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last installed MS update KB5025221 - all taskbar icons were cleared bug?: Hi,after last installed MS update KB5025221 Katalóg služby Microsoft Update- all taskbar icons were cleared then must be added back manualy.- taskbar time isn´t showed....
  4. After last installed MS update KB5025221 - all taskbar icons were cleared bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that.: After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that. I also cannot fix the problem with the transparency of windows, especially the start menu in the background of games and videos....
  6. After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that.

After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that.: After each restart of Windows 11, icons appear on the taskbar that were removed before that. I also cannot fix the problem with the transparency of windows, especially the start menu in the background of games and videos....
  7. Remove Start icon from taskbar

Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  8. Remove Start icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Start icon from taskbar: How can I get rid of this annoying and unnecessary icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-start-icon-from-taskbar/ad5b6b0a-85ac-4570-ae22-00e99f102bec
  9. Taskbar Icons Missing After Update

Taskbar Icons Missing After Update: After the last update, some of my taskbar icons are missing. The apps themselves are still there, it's just that the space where the icon should be is all black. The ones affected are: Mail, iCloud and Voice Recorder. I have tried unpinning and resetting but the result is...
  10. Taskbar Icon Removal

Taskbar Icon Removal: Is there a way to remove a taskbar icon? completely remove so it's not in that hidden space either. Ok so I know the answer is no, I am posting this suggestion so that maybe it gets traction and Microsoft does something. My thought is there should be three levels of icons...