Windows 10: Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

Discus and support Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is. So when i start my Lap and open Start for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jun 7, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is.

So when i start my Lap and open Start for the first time it appears disabled (translucent) or (blacked). Something like this :

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. [​IMG]

(The tiles and controls are not accessible)
    So basically i can't select or open or do anything while it's in this state so i click back on the start icon and back on it again and it get's back to work normally like it should.

This isn't a startup delay issue as i've experienced this even after an hour of starting and using my lap.
    and my resources are always free so the system isn't lagging at all.

:)

PRince4, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Jeff_Newton Win User

start menu won't open

I've now run this process several times (5 times so far) and the problem continues. Other things that don't work in addition to the start button not working are:

• Alt+Tab does nothing now
    • the New Notifications icon doesn't respond
    • Task View icon responds but there is a full 5-7 second delay (this didn't happen when I first installed Windows 10)
    • Cortana does nothing now (click the icon, nothing happens)
    • When I kill explorer.exe and restart it, there is a full 20 second delay from the time the start button+bar at the bottom of the screen appears till it shows the open apps
    There's probably a number of other things that don't work or work very slowly that I'm forgetting. What's the next step?

Jeff_Newton, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Bearael Win User
    Start menu won't open on Windows 10

Love this response.

I had a similar issue recently. I was able to resolve it by:

• Open Task Manager
      • Find the Windows Explorer process
        • right-click the process and select Restart

The Start button was then clickable.

Bearael, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

1. Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. - Similar Threads - Start appears disabled

2. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  3. fortnite crashing when i start to run it first time

fortnite crashing when i start to run it first time: so I was playing normal until the first time I try to run it crashes and the second time it's fine I do not know what's going on and I need help with it...
  4. Start Menu Appearance On Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Appearance On Open: Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide. My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of...
  5. BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game

BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game: Hello, I have had many BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe, FLTMGR.SYS, WdFilter.sys since I have updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have checked drivers, memtest, and bios drivers. All is fine. Memtest for a whole night. Specs: i7 4970k gtx 1080 16 gb ram 1866hz z97-a...
  6. BSOD when starting game first time

BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292
  7. High CPU when first starting the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU when first starting the laptop: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) for about two weeks, and have noticed that it often uses a lot of CPU even when I'm not running anything. For example, I can just start up the lap top, open Task Manager, and see that there is a lot...
  8. open .disabled file at start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    open .disabled file at start up: When I turn my computer on now, it ask me to open .disabled files. I checked start up and there are no .disabled files. This is what is starting up: Screenshot I didn't install anything new so I have no idea what it is. 33334
  9. Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time: Hello, Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. Each first login takes long time to login and some time it gets stuck on the welcome screen when too many teachers logged on the machine. I had contacted an admin about it and they said...
  10. Still no way to disable "Show Translucent Selection Rectangle"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still no way to disable "Show Translucent Selection Rectangle"?: Just to note, it only works on the desktop. *Sad