Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

Discus and support Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is. So when i start my Lap and open Start for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jun 7, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is.

So when i start my Lap and open Start for the first time it appears disabled (translucent) or (blacked). Something like this :

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. [​IMG]

(The tiles and controls are not accessible)
    So basically i can't select or open or do anything while it's in this state so i click back on the start icon and back on it again and it get's back to work normally like it should.

This isn't a startup delay issue as i've experienced this even after an hour of starting and using my lap.
    and my resources are always free so the system isn't lagging at all.

:)

PRince4, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Jeff_Newton Win User

start menu won't open

I've now run this process several times (5 times so far) and the problem continues. Other things that don't work in addition to the start button not working are:

• Alt+Tab does nothing now
    • the New Notifications icon doesn't respond
    • Task View icon responds but there is a full 5-7 second delay (this didn't happen when I first installed Windows 10)
    • Cortana does nothing now (click the icon, nothing happens)
    • When I kill explorer.exe and restart it, there is a full 20 second delay from the time the start button+bar at the bottom of the screen appears till it shows the open apps
    There's probably a number of other things that don't work or work very slowly that I'm forgetting. What's the next step?

Jeff_Newton, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Bearael Win User
    Start menu won't open on Windows 10

Love this response.

I had a similar issue recently. I was able to resolve it by:

• Open Task Manager
      • Find the Windows Explorer process
        • right-click the process and select Restart

The Start button was then clickable.

Bearael, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. - Similar Threads - Start appears disabled

2. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  3. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  4. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  5. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  6. April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    April Update BSOD - EVERY TIME! Finally saw error last time is DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG: My desktop WILL NOT UPDATE. Have had no problems with other PCs. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 i7-3770 2x2gb and 2x4gb ballistix tracer ram (12gb total) ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX GPU What files do I need to post?...
  7. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...
  8. Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Started getting bsod registry error friday tried everything. Using windows 10 64bit: I Started getting bsod registry 0xce0000225 error friday. Ive tried everything in command prompt I could find online to fix this. Restoring the registry, Restoring the boot. My dvd drive doesnt seem to want to work either which is peculiar. My dvd drive doesnt work, And I...
  9. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  10. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.: My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds distorted. Anyway to fix this without making my mic sound distorted? My microphone is an Excelvan BM-800 being plugged into an...