Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

Discus and support Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is. So when i start my Lap and open Start for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jun 7, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is.

So when i start my Lap and open Start for the first time it appears disabled (translucent) or (blacked). Something like this :

[​IMG]

(The tiles and controls are not accessible)
    So basically i can't select or open or do anything while it's in this state so i click back on the start icon and back on it again and it get's back to work normally like it should.

This isn't a startup delay issue as i've experienced this even after an hour of starting and using my lap.
    and my resources are always free so the system isn't lagging at all.

:)

PRince4, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Jeff_Newton Win User

start menu won't open

I've now run this process several times (5 times so far) and the problem continues. Other things that don't work in addition to the start button not working are:

• Alt+Tab does nothing now
    • the New Notifications icon doesn't respond
    • Task View icon responds but there is a full 5-7 second delay (this didn't happen when I first installed Windows 10)
    • Cortana does nothing now (click the icon, nothing happens)
    • When I kill explorer.exe and restart it, there is a full 20 second delay from the time the start button+bar at the bottom of the screen appears till it shows the open apps
    There's probably a number of other things that don't work or work very slowly that I'm forgetting. What's the next step?

Jeff_Newton, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Bearael Win User
    Start menu won't open on Windows 10

Love this response.

I had a similar issue recently. I was able to resolve it by:

• Open Task Manager
      • Find the Windows Explorer process
        • right-click the process and select Restart

The Start button was then clickable.

Bearael, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. - Similar Threads - Start appears disabled

1. Recently doesn't appear Mozilla Firefox icon pinned to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently doesn't appear Mozilla Firefox icon pinned to start: Greetings people, recently I updated to update 1803 in Windows 10 and sometimes when I boot at first time my system doesn't show properly the Mozilla Firefox icon which was previously pinned to start. There you have a screenshoot to see. Imgur: The magic of the Internet...
  2. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363
  3. choose which folders appear on start doesnt work

in Windows 10 Support
    choose which folders appear on start doesnt work: Hello, I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu. From Settings > Personalization > Start -> choose which folders appear on start , i turn some of them on (for example downloads), the switch moves to right side and turns...
  4. Monitor starts after lock screen appears

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor starts after lock screen appears: Hi, I've recently bought Aorus RX 580 8GB XTR, but i have asus vh228d monitor which only have VGA in. And my new gpu doesn't have VGA out so i bought AKASA Display port to vga reduction so i can use my old monitor. Problem is that when boot sequence is happening the monitor...
  5. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?: Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but...
  6. check disc starting to appear at bootup startup ?

in Windows 10 Support
    check disc starting to appear at bootup startup ?: I'm running a Crucial SSD. The last couple of days I have noticed on start up that check disc runs checking my system drive. I have tried running check disc manually, but nothing found. I also have the Crucial Storage Executive software that tells me everything is fine. I...
  7. Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 appears after PC starts: Hello Can anyone advise us on the following please? PC is lenovo c340 running Windows 10 Home - build 16299. After starting the computer a box titled Note appears with the message: Call complete. hResult = 0x80041010 The box also has an OK button. After...
Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. solved