Windows 10: Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

Discus and support Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is. So when i start my Lap and open Start for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jun 7, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

I have noticed this quite a while ago but i don't know why i never posted it anywhere but here it is.

So when i start my Lap and open Start for the first time it appears disabled (translucent) or (blacked). Something like this :

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. [​IMG]

(The tiles and controls are not accessible)
    So basically i can't select or open or do anything while it's in this state so i click back on the start icon and back on it again and it get's back to work normally like it should.

This isn't a startup delay issue as i've experienced this even after an hour of starting and using my lap.
    and my resources are always free so the system isn't lagging at all.

:)

PRince4, Jun 7, 2018

2. start menu won't open

I've now run this process several times (5 times so far) and the problem continues. Other things that don't work in addition to the start button not working are:

• Alt+Tab does nothing now
    • the New Notifications icon doesn't respond
    • Task View icon responds but there is a full 5-7 second delay (this didn't happen when I first installed Windows 10)
    • Cortana does nothing now (click the icon, nothing happens)
    • When I kill explorer.exe and restart it, there is a full 20 second delay from the time the start button+bar at the bottom of the screen appears till it shows the open apps
    There's probably a number of other things that don't work or work very slowly that I'm forgetting. What's the next step?

Jeff_Newton, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Bearael Win User
    Start menu won't open on Windows 10

Love this response.

I had a similar issue recently. I was able to resolve it by:

• Open Task Manager
      • Find the Windows Explorer process
        • right-click the process and select Restart

The Start button was then clickable.

Bearael, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time.

1. Start appears disabled (Translucent) when opened the first time. - Similar Threads - Start appears disabled

2. When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.: Is this normal??This video shows exactly what I'm concerned about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKbbkl0KHWE&ab_channel=CameronIvankovic I don't want this to be something that I need to deal with everytime I turn my computer on or something.P.S. It is midnight for me so I...
  3. When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.: Is this normal??This video shows exactly what I'm concerned about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKbbkl0KHWE&ab_channel=CameronIvankovic I don't want this to be something that I need to deal with everytime I turn my computer on or something.P.S. It is midnight for me so I...
  4. When opening files with videos in them for the first time, this happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. laptop working properly when i start it for first time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop working properly when i start it for first time.: hey team when i start my laptop for the first time my laptop didn't work properly like randomly disconnected to wifi, not working microsoft store, unable to use search bar, not opening brower, when i go to setting for update windows it start loading but when i restart my...
  6. laptop working properly when i start it for first time.

laptop working properly when i start it for first time.: hey team when i start my laptop for the first time my laptop didn't work properly like randomly disconnected to wifi, not working microsoft store, unable to use search bar, not opening brower, when i go to setting for update windows it start loading but when i restart my...
  7. My windows explorer recently started doing this when opening folder for the first time. Why...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows explorer recently started doing this when opening folder for the first time. Why...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GloomyJack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klqb8t/my_windows_explorer_recently_started_doing_this/
  8. Starting computer for first time

Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  9. fortnite crashing when i start to run it first time

fortnite crashing when i start to run it first time: so I was playing normal until the first time I try to run it crashes and the second time it's fine I do not know what's going on and I need help with it...
  10. BSOD when starting game first time

BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292