Windows 10: Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor

Discus and support Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 Monitors ( sort of ) I have a 40" Samsung HD 1080p TV as my main Monitor using an HDMI hook up to run. I also have a 24 inch ACER monitor as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XJadynX, Aug 11, 2015.

1. XJadynX Win User

Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor

I have 2 Monitors ( sort of ) I have a 40" Samsung HD 1080p TV as my main Monitor using an HDMI hook up to run. I also have a 24 inch ACER monitor as my secondary using the first DVI hook up on my main GTX 660. When I leave a video game or Alt-Tab out of one my Start bar will stop responding. In short I use the Hide the Start bar option, so when I go to the bottom of the screen on my Samsung the bar will not pop up. However it will still be on my ACER.

Now I typically keep my Acer off as I don't use it often, but it's REALLY annoying because the only way to get the bar back is to reboot my system. I can still get the start menu to open by hitting the windows button on my keyboard which is strange. Plus when I lose the start bar I lose access to the Icons window, Volume control panel, Internet connection Icon, notification icon and the clock / calendar.

I am using the setting to show the start bar on all monitors. I just don't know what's wrong, I can work around it as needed but I'd rather not have to.

:)

XJadynX, Aug 11, 2015

2. Maxzimize Button Missing in Microsoft Games in Version 1511

I recently installed the Windows 10 update to Version 1511. Now the maximize button is no longer in the title bar of Microsoft games such as Sudoku.

I have two monitors & want to be able to move the game to the 2nd monitor, leaving my primary monitor free for other applications. However, the games are stuck maximized & I cannot move them off of the primary monitor.

How can I move them to the secondary monitor.

-- Ray

RNAndrews45, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Trucidar Win User
    Sound randomly stops working in Windows 10 / Also Start bar stops working.

Randomly my sound stops. I switch my default device to my headphones and it works, but eventually that randomly stops too. When I try to test the audio, it says it cannot because they are being used by another device.

Additionally, my start bar doesn't work sometimes. I can hover over things and select from their menus, but clicking on icons like my notification icon, the search bar or the start button do nothing.

Please feel free to ask me any additional information you might need to help me figure this issue out. Thanks.

Trucidar, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor

You should be able to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, kill explorer.exe from Task Manager, then restart it (also using TM). Games like Grand Theft Auto V frequently mess up my Taskbar, this has usually worked, no reboot necessary.

Edit: Oops, forgot to check the date OP posted this, my bad!

AnonVendetta, Feb 6, 2017
Thema:

Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor

1. Start Bar stops working Randomly after leaving games on my Monitor - Similar Threads - Start Bar stops

2. External monitor randomly stopped working with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor randomly stopped working with my Laptop: Hi,I have a ViewSonic external monitor VA2407H that stopped working with my laptop. When I plug the HDMI cable to the laptop, the laptop screen starts blinking and readjusting forever. Here is a video of what it does: https://youtu.be/NMnr1ZCWMY8What puzzles me is that this...
  3. External monitor randomly stopped working with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor randomly stopped working with my Laptop: Hi,I have a ViewSonic external monitor VA2407H that stopped working with my laptop. When I plug the HDMI cable to the laptop, the laptop screen starts blinking and readjusting forever. Here is a video of what it does: https://youtu.be/NMnr1ZCWMY8What puzzles me is that this...
  4. External monitor randomly stopped working with my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone: Hello,I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.However, Game Bar sometimes doesn't record my own microphone, when the mute button shows that it is unmuted and the Audio > Voice window in Game...
  6. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone: Hello,I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.However, Game Bar sometimes doesn't record my own microphone, when the mute button shows that it is unmuted and the Audio > Voice window in Game...
  7. Game bar stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar stops working: This is getting annoying, I can no longer record fullscreen because Game bar immediately stops when doing so submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j94aez/game_bar_stops_working/
  8. Game Bar stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar stopped working: I just recently got my Surface 6, and I love to play games like Cs:Go on it. I found out about the game bar, and I used it a lot to record videos and screenshots. However, for some reason, it stopped working. When I press Win-G, it doesn't open, and none of my recording...
  9. External monitor randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor randomly stopped working: I have a Windows 10 laptop and an external monitor. The monitor was working perfectly for a few weeks, until one day I switched on the laptop to find that the monitor was no longer working. Going to 'Display Settings' only showed one monitor, and pressing 'Detect' said...
  10. Start-Button stops working after random time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start-Button stops working after random time: Hello! My start-button in windows 10 1511 becomes unresponsive after some time of working. The programs already running keep on running normally, but sometimes if this problem occurs, i can't open task-manager through ctrl-shift-esc, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work also. This...