Windows 10: Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

Discus and support Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nov. 25, 2015 Hello all O/S: WIN 10 PRO Build 10586 See attachment. When I select the 'All Apps' button, There's a group called 'Other'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nitch, Nov 24, 2015.

1. nitch Win User

Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

Nov. 25, 2015

Hello all

O/S: WIN 10 PRO Build 10586

See attachment.

When I select the 'All Apps' button, There's a group called 'Other' [which I didn't create] with 5 entries which I don't know what they are.

I tried deleting each entry by right mouse button on the icon. Only options are 'Pin to task bar', 'Rate & review' and 'Share'. No luck.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and am wondering how I can solve this.

I would like to remove from the 'All Apps' screen if possible.

:)

nitch, Nov 24, 2015

2. Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

Nov. 25, 2015

Hello all

O/S: WIN 10 PRO Build 10586

When I select the 'All Apps' button, There's a group called 'Other' [which I didn't create] with 5 entries which I don't know what they are.

I tried deleting each entry by right mouse button on the icon. Only options are 'Pin to task bar', 'Rate & review' and 'Share'. No luck.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and am wondering how I can solve this.

I would like to remove from the 'All Apps' screen if possible.

Richard ACoutu, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

1. Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry - Similar Threads - Start Button Apps

2. Windows 10 start is suddenly showing a strange entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start is suddenly showing a strange entry: Next to search in start on task bar, there is now an app with suggested searches, such as Edge, tips, email, snipping tool, check for updates, and more. How to remove this entry?...
  3. Windows 10 start is suddenly showing a strange entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start is suddenly showing a strange entry: Next to search in start on task bar, there is now an app with suggested searches, such as Edge, tips, email, snipping tool, check for updates, and more. How to remove this entry?...
  4. Strange registry entries in Home Group Listener Guid_AlphaListener_AlphaAccount

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange registry entries in Home Group Listener Guid_AlphaListener_AlphaAccount: I can't find anything on Alpha listener or an Alpha Account. CIA hacking tools appeared in one search but the translation to English was terrible and I couldn't understand it.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Strange registry entries

Strange registry entries: When searching the registry I came across the entries: The only languages I have installed are American and English. Are these entries installed by Microsoft or by malware?...
  6. strange entries in services

strange entries in services: [ATTACH] When I open services page I noticed there are some strange entries, as you can see from the screenshot there are some entries ended in 6dd8d3 like AarSvc_6dd8d3, BluetoothUserService_6dd8d3 and others. What are those ? are they virus ?...
  7. Strange Entries in Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Entries in Group Policy Editor: [ATTACH] Hi Guys, i was trying to trigger the 20h2 update in the group policy editor and saw this weird "Windows Security" entry, that doesnt seem normal. Anybody know whats up here? WIndows 10 Pro 10.0.18363...
  8. Strange entry in appwiz.cpl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange entry in appwiz.cpl: I went into flag-key < appwiz.cpl to uninstall a different program, and I found this as one of the entries: [ATTACH]I have no idea what that is. It doesn't look like part of the Windows OS or something important. Should I uninstall this?...
  9. Strange Entry in Sigverif

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Entry in Sigverif: So I have an Asus Hero VIII board, Win10 and my current Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1.8040. I found out at the ROG site that when installing these driver that a file called atkex_cmd.exe gets deposited in the Realtek folder in the HDA area. this file causes a system entry of...
  10. Strange Log Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Log Entry: Has anyone ever seen an entry to admin log file like this: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Date and time: 1/11/2183 - 10:46:25 pm. How would someone even go about fixing this from reappearing since this is the third...